Chapter 16.

We entered the restaurant at about seven fifteen in the evening. After mine and George's talk earlier, I was still a little hurt. He knew it. I knew it. But it was time we moved on before we hurt each other even more.

John was more than pleased with the dress I chose to wear. He loved the mini dress, the black stockings, the way my hair hung over my shoulders. He especially loved the ring on my finger. He took pride calling me his wife any chance he got.

When we got to the table, Paul was already seated, along with Richard. I noticed Rich was alone, but there was an empty seat next to Paul. A purse in place. He never told me he was with anyone. I didn't ask questions.

I was about to sit when John pulled me into his lap, making me giggle.

"John this is a nice place. We can't be goofing around." I said as he tightened his grip around my waist.

"Aye, we can sit wherever we want. I'm payin these people for fucks sake. If my wife wants to sit in her blokes lap, she can." He said shaking me playfully. I smiled and gave him a small kiss.

George and his date...or Fiancée I guess, came over to sit opposite of me and John. It didn't take long for Paul's date to come over. My jaw clenched when I saw her. Jane.

John must have noticed the tension between me and her as he whispered in my ear.

"Let's be nice. For tonight huh?"

I just smiled at him and kissed him again. His hands trailing up my legs. I pulled away before his fingers made it up my dress.

"So Lucy, George tells me you and him go way back." Pattie said setting her purse down.

"Yeah. Back when he was a cute fourteen year old boy."

She smiled as George blushed.

"I see. So you two must have lots of memories together."

Me and George glanced at each other. We have memories alright. Good and bad ones. I just nodded.

"Yeah. No more than what I share with Paul, John and Richard. Well, maybe a little more memories with Johnny here." I smiled as John smirked.

"Aye remember Hamburg?" John began. Paul groaned and shook his head, George and Richard laughed.

"Fuckin hell those were the best memories. Luce 'ere tagged along with us the entire trip." John said proudly.

"I see. What was is like?" Pattie asked. I could tell she was a little annoyed with the fact I knew more about George than she did. Atleast she tried to seem interested. Jane didn't make a peep.

"It was madness is what it was! We got in so many scuffles and trouble. Remember when we got arrested for that condom incident??" Paul laughed.

"Alan 'ad to get us out. Lucy was so pissed off. George remember ye were a wee seventeen year old! Ye finally got it in that year. With Lucy that is!" John laughed. George tensed up and turned bright red as Pattie looked appalled. Jane shaking her head in disapproval as the guys went on to talk about the gigs, hookers, fights, one night stands and the parties.

"I never realised until now, how much we all endured with each other." I said smiling.

"Yeah. It seems all too unreal. Lucy saved the band many times. Ye kept us on our feet and kept us in line." Paul smiled at me, making me blush.

"If it wasn't for her, we wouldn't be 'ere right now." George added.

"God you all are such charmers." I laughed.

"It's true love. You're the reason I got into the band. Ye were my friend back when I was with Rory Storm remember?" Richard blushed. I giggled.

"I have to confess...I um, had the biggest crush on you back then." I admitted.

Richard raised his eyebrows. "Really now. What about now?" He smirked. I kissed his cheek.

"Are you flirting with me Starkey?"

"Maybe. That ring on your finger makes things even more forbidden now. It's sexy."

I squeeked as John pulled me closer to him.

"Now Rich, let's not forget who's band your in." John smiled.

"Right. Thanks for the opprotunity Paul." Richard laughed as John tossed a roll at him.

"Look, in all seriousness, I think we've grown, somewhat from those crazy, foolish teenagers..." I started.

"...to crazy, foolish adults." Paul laughed.

It was nice having us all talk together again like civilized friends. Pattie and Jane talked together the entire time, ignoring our reminiscing and joking around. And to be honest, we all perferred it this way. Because we shared those memories. Memories full of love, anger, hurt, betrayel, and sadness. But we all got through it as one.

..

We left the restaurant all together, making our way to the vehicles.

"I miss the days when in a time like this, we'd just walk home together and spend the night at ones flat." Richard sighed.

"Yeah. Usually mine." I teased.

"Ye know who I miss the most." John said. We all looked at him and nodded, knowing exactly who he was talking about. I smiled squeezed his hand as he laughed awkwardly shaking his head.

"Fuckin cunt. Remember we'd sit around and listen to him play, Love me Tender?" Paul said.

"Yeah. Then he'd fuckin brag cause he sang it best." George smiled.

"He always sang it to you love. Anytime he grabbed that guitar and sang, he stared at you the entire time. For some reason, we were all okay with that." John said as I held back the tears. I sighed.

"It's been a long time since i've talked about him." I sniffled.

"I think that goes for the lot of us." Paul sniffled as well. I leaned my head on Richard's shoulder as I held John's hand.

"Who are you all talking about?" Pattie asked as we all stayed quiet.

"Stuart. His name was Stuart." John said quietly.

....