Chapter 38.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, Misunderstanding all you see, It's getting hard to be someone but it all works out, It doesn't matter much to me..."

I sang to Julian as we painted a cat. He sat between my legs as I placed my hand on his, teaching him how to use the brush.

"I like it when you sing." Julian giggled. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Awww you're such a sweetheart." I tickled him. We were tickling each other when we heard the front door shut.

"Paul? Is that you!? Cyn came by and wants you to call her! Something about a delivery." I shouted.

"I see. So you and Cyn getting on now?"

I turned around and looked over at John. He walked into the room as Julian ran over to him. I chewed on my lip and looked down.

"What do you want John?"

He sat on the sofa and sighed.

"I want to know why ye were at the doctors at four in the morning. Michelle saw ye."

I rolled my eyes. "What are you two stalking me or something? I guess I have to tell you since you're this baby's father. I had a little accident last night. I was bleeding, I went to the doctor, he told me the baby is fine and I should just relax. Since I've been going through some bullshit lately." I glared at him.

"Oh what you're blaming it on me?" He scoffed. "That's classic. Poor little ol Lucy, so innocent and naive. Goes running to her husbands best mate and rolls in the sack with him. How do I know that baby is even mine??"

I looked at him in shock. "Why would you even say that?? Of course this baby is yours! And damn straight I'm blaming all of this on you! You hurt me and had a fuckin affair with my friend! What did you think I was just going to welcome your new lover with open arms!?"

"Fuck you Lucy! For years I broke my back just trying to win your love! Maybe I've had enough!"

"Oh so what you jump in bed with the next girl who just runs into your arms? You're supposed to fight for the people you love John! It just doesn't come easily!" I yelled at him.

"Well you sure as hell were easy back in the day." He muttered. I felt the tears burning in my eyes and slapped him.

"Just go John. Get the fuck out of here. I have nothing else to say to you."

I pointed to the door. He scoffed and grabbed an envelope out of his coat pocket and tossed it at me. Slamming the door as he left.

I could hear small whimpers from behind the sofa. I straightened myself and walked over to Julian. He had his hands over his ears, tears streaming down his face.

"Shhh come here baby. It's okay." I pulled him in my arms. He hugged me and cried. I rubbed his back and kissed his cheek. "Daddy's gone okay? It's just you and me."

I wiped his tears away and sat him down with me on the sofa. I bit my lip to stop myself from crying. I hated seeing Julian hurt. Always seeing his father running out another woman from his life. I grabbed the letter off the floor and sighed, opening it. I pulled out the folded papers and felt even worse.

It wasn't long until Paul came home. He shrugged out of his coat and saw me and Julian on the sofa.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I sighed.

"John was here. He came by and, an arguement ensued. Julian here saw the whole thing and now, he's a little shaken up."

He sighed and sat next to me, holding Julian. I wiped my tears.