Chapter 40.

I sat up on the hospital bed, clutching onto the sheets and breathing heavily.

"I'm dying Cyn. I think my body is going to explode." I breathed. She wiped the sweat off my forehead and patted my hand.

"Don't worry Luce, this is all normal. Soon, there will be beautiful baby boy in your arms." She assured me. I nodded and shut my eyes.

"I don't know if I'm ready." I whined.

"Nobody's ever ready. But when it comes, you feel like a new person. Like you have a new reason for living. Because in reality. You do."

I smiled and looked up at her. "Thank you Cynthia. Just..please dont tell John yeah?"

"Why not?" She asked.

I took a short breath and pushed the pain aside. "I don't think it's safe right now."

She nodded and squeezed my hand. "Alright love. I wont tell."

"Thank you." I smiled.

It wasnt long until Paul ran into the room, panting and panicked.

"I ran as fast as I could!"

"You ran all the way down here from the studio??" I laughed.

"I had no time for a cab!" He said walking over to me.

Soon, George and Richard walked into the room, calm and laughing their heads off.

"Ye should have seen Paul! He ran like lightening!" George teased. Paul turned red.

"I had no time for a bloody cab!" He yelled. I giggled and pushed his hair away from his eyes.

"I'm just glad you're here. I'm glad all of you are."

"Is he here yet??" Julian walked in clumsily, hands over his eyes. I giggled.

"Not yet baby." I said pouting. He ran over and jumped into Cyn's lap.

"When he does arrive, can I hold him?" He asked. I smiled.

"Of course you can."

..

Seven hours later

I woke up to the sound of whispering. My eyes fluttered open, to see Paul cradling the baby in his arms. Talking to him calmly. I smiled and looked down. Julian cuddling in my arms as he slept.

"Hey." I whispered.

"Hiya." Paul smiled and leaned over, kissing the top of my head. "He's beautiful. Just like his mum."

I blushed and sat up, Julian waking up in the process. He rubbed his eyes and sat up.

"Can I hold him now??"

I giggled and helped Paul, move the baby into his arms. Julian smiled and kissed the baby's forehead.

"So um, what did ye name him?" Paul asked. I smiled and looked at my hands.

"James."

A huge smile escaped Paul's lips as he leaned over and moved his lips with mine.

..

Two Months Later

August 5, 1967

I finished packing my last suitcase and headed downstairs. I yawned and looked at the clock.

7:35 am

My flight wasn't until eight but, I wanted to get to the airport early. I was finally moving back to the states, and excited to finally begin my new life. But also a little upset I was going to be leaving all my friends behind. Paul has been my rock and now, we were finally going our seperate ways. After my divorce with John was finalised last month, I never saw him again.

I looked around the house and took a deep breath.

"I won't be seeing this place ever again. It's heartbreaking." I said to myself. Paul came into the room, bottle feeding little James.

"Yeah. You won't be here anymore. Can't ye stay?" He pouted. I smiled and leaned up, pecking his lips.

"You know I can't. Let's get going yeah?"

He nodded and handed me the baby, taking my luggage to the car. I said my last goodbye to the house and followed Paul. The entire drive, we held hands in silence. Not wanting to say anything that'll make us both breakdown.

When there, Paul helped me out and walked with me inside.

"I want to thank you Paul. For everything you've done for me, the baby....Julian. After everything with John and me, not seeing his dad these past few months...he really looks up to you. Please keep things that way."

He nodded and held my hands. "I promised myself I wouldn't cry but, I'm goin to miss ye. I'm grateful ye let me into your life, let me take the time to get to know you and love you. I always will."

I smiled and wiped his tear away. "This isn't goodbye Paul. We'll keep in touch, maybe see each other again. I love you so much. I owe you everything."

He brought me into his arms and kissed me softly. I was definitly going to miss his kisses. His hugs. His scent. I sniffled and looked at him.

"Take care of yourself yeah? You and the guys. I love you all. Even John. I hope he betters himself."

"Yeah. You and me both." He chuckled. I smiled and turned to see Julian. He ran over and  hugged my legs.

"Mumy please don't go!" He cried. I felt my heart shatter.

"Aww baby. We'll still see each other. I promise. I'm not going away forever."

He whimpered and hugged me tighter. I handed Paul the baby and kneeled down.

"I promise. We'll never stay apart okay? I love you so much."

"I love you too."

I pulled him into a tight hug and kissed his cheek over and over again until he giggled. I smiled and wiped the lipstick off his cheek.

"Me and your brother will always he waiting for you." I said, making him smile.

Cynthia came over and smiled at James as Paul held him.

"He looks just like Julian when he was a baby. Definitly a Lennon."

I laughed and stood up, holding Julian's hand. "Does he know?"

Paul nodded and sighed. "He didn't say anythin. He's still with Michelle."

I nodded and looked down. Soon, my flight was called. I pouted and took James into my arms.

"I love you all. Yes Cyn even you." I said.

She laughed and kissed my cheek. "Lucy I..I really am glad we got to make up. I mean after everything we went through. You really have changed and..I'm glad."

I smiled. "Thank you."

"Alright let's not start with the waterworks again. Go on Luce. Ye have my number, call if you need something, help, or just a friend to talk to."

I gave him one last hug and kissed his cheek. "Bye Paul. Bye Cyn. Bye Julian."

He pouted, but waved. "Take good care of her James!" He yelled. I smiled to myself and kept walking, ready to start my new life ahead of me.

.....