Chapter 12.

I laid in the bathtub, smoking a cigarette and staring out at the open window. A small breeze flowing in the room, making my skin tingle.

It was early in the morning, about seven-thirty. I rested my feet out of the water and stirred the bubbles with my free hand. George walked in, headed to the mirror to shave. I watched him.

"Morning Geo. How was your night?" I smiled.

"Fine. Just fine."

"Uh oh. What's wrong?" I sat up, inhaling my cigarette. He turned to me, his face white from the shaving cream. I laughed a little.

"Alright so I wrote this song that I think is pretty decent and John just brushes it off, sayin it's not worth his time and it's rubbish. Fucking hell sometimes I just don't know..."

"Calm down George. I'll talk to John alright? He'll come around."

"I hope so. I can see your breasts." He smiled. I looked down and blushed.

"Not like you haven't seen them before."

"Yeah well, they're off limits now. Since you and John are engaged."

I couldn't help noticing the annoyance in his voice. I sighed and laid back, putting my cigarette out.

"Does it bother you?" I asked. It was silent for a few minutes, I thought he left the room until I turned to see him still standing in front of the mirror. He looked at me.

"It doesn't matter now does it."

"It does. To me it does."

"Why?"

I just closed my eyes and sunk myself under water. Letting small bubbles escape my lips. I didn't notice until now how silent and peaceful things were like this. How everything seemed unreal. I felt the air in my lungs rushing out as I was pulled out.

"Lucy what the hell!?" He yelled. I just looked at him and leaned in, pressing my lips to his. He hesitated and pulled away.

"Lucy I...I can't. Just cause you're livin with me doesn't mean we can be foolin around."

"You don't want to?" I pouted. He shook his head.

"No."

I nodded and got out of the tub, walking around him and grabbing a towel. He watched me as I wrapped it around my naked body.

"Lucy I didn't mean it in the way it sounded..."

"No I understand George. I'll see you later huh?" I said leaving the room.

..