Chapter 2.

I could hear loud screaming from hundreds of girls as I made my way to the hotel. Letters in hand. I clutched them tight as I walked through the lobby. I took a deep breath and asked for John's hotel room number. I had to tell her I was from a magazine and they were expecting me.

"They're currently out. They'll be in shortly." She said handing me the key. I nodded.

"I can wait."

I made my way upstairs, to his room. I opened the door slowly and went inside, flicking the light on. His suitcase and coat tossed on the bed. The smell of cigarettes filled the air.

I looked around and noticed a notepad and a pen on the table.

Dear Lucy,

I know you never answer these letters but it's worth trying. It's been 244 days. 244 letters. Never an answer. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to keep this up. Perhaps until I get an answer. When did things go wrong? Did I say something? Do something? I don't understand. Please help me understand Lucy. There's something I just need to know

The letter ended there. He didn't finish it. I looked down at the letters in my hand. I threw them on the table, feeling awful.

"What's wrong with me? This time it's my fault." I said to myself. I turned around and bumped into someone. I gasped and looked up at his face. The hurt coursing through his eyes.

"Lucy." He whispered and touched my face. I gave him a small smile. "You look so different."

"Hi John."

"What are ye doin 'ere?" He asked. I shrugged. 

"I um, came to see you. I need to tell you that we.."

"Have you gotten my letters?"

"Yes."

"And?"

I looked down. "I wrote back every time. I just never sent them."

"Why not?"

I shrugged. "Because it wouldn't matter. John I love you. I know you love me too but...why chase after something that isn't there anymore?"

"Cause you never give anything a chance! Lucy ye need to let all of that go and just think about now. The future. What you want. I sure as hell know what I want. And that's you."

I looked up at him and sighed. "You've waited this long for me?"

He nodded. "Yes. Please tell me it was worth the wait."

I took in everything he said. He always had a way of convincing me to stay. And I fell for it every single time. I leaned up and pressed my lips to his. He kissed back quickly, cupping my face into his hands.

We moved back towards the bed, hurriedly stripping our clothes off. He picked me up and laid me back on the bed, pulling his pants down. I propped myself up on my elbows and watched as he pulled my skirt off, along with my underwear.

"Fuck me like you used to John. Remind me just how I like it."

"There's the girl I missed." He smirked, moving between my legs.

..

I laid in bed, watching John light a cigarette, handing it to me. I smiled.

"Thank you."

He smiled. "Like old times remember?"

"We'd fuck then smoke the night away afterwards." I giggled. He inhaled his own cigarette, blowing smoke out into the air.

"Do the others know you're here?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No. They'll find out soon." I took a drag from my own cigarette, pulling the sheet around my body.

"Did ye miss me?" He asked. I leaned over and kissed him softly. We stayed this way for a few seconds before I pulled away slowly.

"What d'you think?" I smiled. He grinned and played with a strand of my hair.

"You're hair is blonde now. It suits you."

"Yeah? You like it?"

"I love it." He whispered and kissed me again. I moaned against his lips, pressing against him, until there was a knock at the door. John groaned and pulled away, placing his cig between his lips.

He got up, putting his boxers and pants on and walked over to the door, opening it.

"I need to have a word about the setlist. I don't think we should play..."

I watched as George walked into the room, his jaw dropping as he saw me.

....