Chapter 37.

"Whelp there's nothing wrong with the baby. The ultrasound came out normal, your baby is just fine. Just enjoying the stay in that tummy of yours." The doctor said. I smiled and rubbed my stomach.

"That's a huge relief. Thank you so much for taking the time to come to the office at four in the morning for me. I guess I just panicked."

"It's alright love. I'm glad you called. You did the right thing. How have you been? The pills working just fine?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I've just been going through some pretty shitty stuff right now."

The doctor stood up and patted my shoulder. "Can I give you some advice?"

"Yeah of course."

"Take a few days off yeah? Take some time to just enjoy life. Live and be happy. Do whatever makes you happy. Just clear your mind." He smiled. I nodded and grabbed my clothes.

"That's the best advice anyone's given me doctor. Thank you." I smiled. He grabbed his clipboard and rubbed my arm.

"I'll let you change now."

I nodded and thought of something. "Oh um, Doctor??"

"Yes?"

"Can I um...Can I still have sex?" I said awkwardly. He chuckled and sighed.

"You can still have intercours yes but, I'd suggest you dont. But I know what those hormones must do to you." 

I nodded. "Okay well um, thanks."

He left the room leaving me to get dressed. I took my gown off and began to dress when I saw Paul walk in. I froze. 

"Paul! Get out!" I whispered loudly. He smiled and walked over to me. 

"Christ you're sexy. Just so...natural I dunno it turns me on." He wrapped his arms around my waist and chewed on my earlobe. I giggled and pulled away.

"Easy McCartney. Wait till we get home. Well I mean your place. Which is where I'm staying. I um..."

Paul chuckled and rested his head on my shoulder. "You're cute when you're flustered. I'm actually glad ye call my place home."

I smiled and finished getting dressed. I grabbed my purse and reached for his hand. "Let's go home then." I leaned up and kissed him. He cupped my face into his hands, his lips hungry for mine.

We quickly pulled away when Julian walked in with a lollipop. He looked at us and hugged my leg.

"I want to go home mumy."

I ruffled his hair and giggled. "Okay baby. Let's go."

..

I giggled as Paul sucked on my neck as we layed in bed. The sheets barely covering our naked bodies as our legs were tangled with each others.

"Paul..." I moaned while his hand moved down my body, pulling my legs over his waist. His hand squeezing my bum as he pressed his lips on mine. I had to pull away for air, smiling as he looked at me.

"You're smile always reminds me that, there really is beauty in the world." He whispered. I blushed and trailed my fingers up and down his arm.

"Why are you so good to me?"

He picked up my chin to look at him. "Because ye deserve to be treated good. You're not a bad person Lucy. I've always told ye that. You just never listened. Now, I think it's time you do."

..

The next day consisted of sleep, food, sex, sleep, and more sleep. Me and Julian were in bed cuddling that evening while Paul was out doing an interview.

I yawned and played with Julian's hair as he kissed my cheek.

"I love you baby." I said.

"I love you too mumy." He smiled. I giggled and tapped the tip of his nose.

We were goofing around and watching tv when there was a knock at the door. I climbed off the bed and told Julian to wait for me. I opened the front door to see Cyn.

I fixed my hair quickly and realised I was just in my underwear and one of Paul's shirts. Julian walked in eating a marshmallow pie, just in shorts. Cyn sighed and walked in, closing the door behind her.

"How many times have I asked you to please dress appropriate in front of the boy? You're going to turn him into a little hippie baby." She said.

"And how many times have I told you it's just skin and Julian know's I'm his step mother? Plus being a hippie baby isn't necessarily a bad thing."

She just shook her head. "Is Paul here?"

"No he's off out at an interview. Why?? What do you want with Paul?" I asked curiously. She looked at me.

"I'm not sleeping with McCartney. I'm expecting a delivery down at the studio and I was wondering if it came in yet. I couldn't have it sent to my flat since I...why am I telling you this?"

"Well because I'm the only one here and little Julian is tugging on your dress." I laughed. She kneeled down.

"Mumy can I stay with uncle Paul and Lucy for the rest of the week!? I want to eat cake and watch telly all day and go with them to the park!" He smiled.

Cyn bit her lip and looked up at me. She rolled her eyes. "I suppose. I have a few things going on anyhow. Moving and all." She said standing up.

"Really? That sounds nice."

"It is. A small little flat here in London. Look um, I know you're a writer and all...I have a typewriter down at mine and well I don't use it. Maybe ye can take it off my hands?" She asked.

I was a bit surprised by how kind she was being. If only she was like this back in college. Things between us were always so tense and angered. Now, were talking, she's offering me a typewriter, letting me take care of her son.

I nodded. "I'd um...I'd love to."

She smiled. "Lovely. Yes. Well um, I better get going. Tell Paul to call me when he get's back yeah?"

"Yeah of course." I said walking with her to the door. I noticed Julian had scurried off back to the bedroom. Cyn was about to leave when I did the unthinkable.

"C..Cyn?"

"Yes?" She turned to me.

"I um, I was wondering if maybe you and me could um....go out and get a cuppa tea or have lunch sometime?"

She looked taken back by my gesture. I smiled awkwardly and looked down at my feet.

"I um...I'd love that actually. Yes. My schedule is a bit busy this week but um, maybe next tuesday when I come by to pick up Jules?"

I nodded. "That's perfect with me."

"Good. I'm glad ye asked Lucy." She smiled before walking out the door.

I stood just staring at the door. I smiled to myself and walked back to the bedroom. I wanted to make my life better before I left for the states. Little by little I had to make things right. And first, I was going to start off with the one person, I hurt most in my life.

.....