Chapter 11.

Me and Brian clinked our small glasses together and shot down the burning alcohol down our throats.

I made a face and coughed.

"Fuckin hell thats good." He said asking for more. I shook my head when the bartender offered to fill my glass.

"I think I found something someone can beat me at." I laughed.

"Don't like this stuff?"

"It's good but, I'll just stick to a beer." I said taking a sip. The cool liquid cooling my throat.

"Well, I'm just glad ye drink a beer rather than some posh drink."

"You mean the way Paul does?" I giggled. He laughed.

"Exactly."

Speaking of posh, we were at a really fancy club in London, mostly full of men, but a few girls were also here...dressed in fancy dresses. Brian assured me most of the women were probably high priced whores who were just after rich men. I loved having Brian around.

"So how have the guys been these past few months? Giving you hell?" I smiled. He sighed and shook his head.

"I think ye know the answer to that. Ever since their last tour in America, they've been getting high, slowing down a bit, Lennon won't do anythin until Paul goes over to his flat and drags him along to write music and record. There's only so much shit I can put up with ye know."

I gave him a sympathetic smile and rubbed his back. He smiled.

"Lucy?"

"Hmm?"

"D'you um, want to dance?"

I raised my eyebrows and looked at the small crowd of people as they swayed to a slow song. I chewed on my lip and just nodded. I think it was just the alcohol talking, so I went with it.

We made our way to the crowd and positioned ourselves, swaying along to the slow beat. I couldn't help smiling to myself and looking down at our feet.

"Brian?"

"Yes?"

"Have you ever been with a woman? Like...physically."

He shrugged. "Kind of. A long time ago. Ever since then it just..."

"Didn't work." I finished. He nodded.

"Why don't you try finding someone? I mean a partner."

"I have work. I'm busy all the time. The only person I have time for is myself. Most free time I get, I just sleep."

I shook my head. "But still, sometimes it'd be nice to come home to someone yeah?"

He sighed and shrugged. I looked down again.

"Holy shit it's Harold Kensey." Brian said groaning.

"Who??"

"Some bloke I used to know back when I owned my shop. He always thought he was better because he had money and was dating Susan Polins. The whore of the neighborhoo...Harold!"

Brian squeezed my arm nervously as he talked. This Harold guy looked like one of those men who care more about their car than their wife. He looked at me and Brian like we were nobodies.

"So is this your wife?" Harold asked looking at me. "Quite young isn't she? Not much of a fashion sense."

I pouted and looked down at my skirt and new top a bought a few days ago. Brian noticed my expression and spoke up.

"Look Harold, leave her out of this. If ye got a problem then just keep on walking. Me and the lady were just havin a dance."

"Ah. So she's not your wife. What is she then? A whore off the street?" He scoffed.

In a swift second, Brian landed a right hook into Harolds jaw. I laughed as Brian shook his hand.

"Ow ow ow ow."

"Oh my god! That was amazing Brian!" I smiled grabbing his arm and pulling him to the mens restroom. I ran his hand under cool water to reduce the swelling. He shook his head.

"I dunno what came over me. One minute he's insulting you and next thing ye know, my fist is flying at his face!"

"It was sweet. Thank you." I kissed his cheek. He smiled and looked down at his hand.

"I better get some ice. Let's go yeah? We can stop by mine and maybe have a few drinks there."

I smiled. "I'd love that."

..

Brian poured me some more wine as we sat on his sofa. His place was really fancy. I loved it.

"Crazy night huh?" I said leaning my head on the back of the sofa.

"Yeah. Tiring too. Ye know um, about our conversation earlier...I've never been with a woman...physically."

"Sexually you mean." I said. He nodded.

"Lucy I...I'm sorry. This was a mistake. I shouldn't have brought you here."

"N..no it's fine. I understand what you mean and..."

"I'm such an idiot I should've known..."

"Don't hurt yourself over it Brian I..."

I froze as he leaned in, kissing me. I blinked as he pulled away.

"That was awkward and very innapropriate. I never should have..."

I leaned in and pressed my lips to his, tangling my fingers in his hair, feeling him relax under my touch. He pulled back slightly.

"L...Lucy. Whatever happens tonight, we never speak of it again. Especially not to the lads."

"Of course not. I mean you're just simply, experimenting right?"

He smiled and nodded. "Exactly."

We went back to kissing, laying back on the sofa.

....