Chapter 10.

Five Days Later,

August 29, 1966

I sat in the park, feeding the ducks near the pond, as Andrew sat on the bench next to me, smoking a cigarette. I sighed.

"So what are you going to do?"

He shrugged, blowing smoke into the air. I watched him as he spoke.

"I got a week to vacate my apartment. I'm probably goin back to San Francisco to visit my folks. Spend a little time there with my family. Take a break." He rubbed his eyes.

"For how long?" I asked quietly.

"Probably a year."

"Janice?"

He shook his head. "Were over. I can't keep pretending I love her just for the kid's sake. I just need this break you know?"

I nodded. "I know what you mean. I'm moving off back home."

"With the fiancé?" He smiled.

"Yeah. Just for a little while. I'm going to miss you." I gave him a small smile. He rubbed my arm.

"We'll see each other again one day. It's not the end of us." He smiled. I giggled.

"Us?"

"You know what I mean smartass." He smirked.

I grabbed a pen and my notebook, handing it to him. "Give me the address I can reach you at. We can keep in touch."

He took it and wrote it down, along with a phone number. He also wrote down a date. I bit my lip, looking at him confused. He handed the notebook back to me.

"This day, we'll meet up. In Brooklyn."

I smiled and kissed his cheek. "Sounds like a plan."

He flicked his cigarette and stood up, extending his hand out to me. I looked up at him and took it, giving a firm shake.

"Until next time Daniels."

I held back the tears, sniffling. "Until next time." I smiled. He kissed the top of my head and walked away, leaving me alone in the empty park.

..

Since we've all lost our jobs, everything seems too depressing. Nothing to do, no money being made, just existing.

I was happy to be leaving America for awhile. Since they guys are done touring, just wanting to focus on making albums and spending time in the record studio, me and John would have more time together. But of course, things weren't that simple.

I didn't want to have people snapping pictures at me, or having my face or name in some magazine or paper. I still wanted my normal life. We all agreed that since George had a pretty big house back in England, I'd be staying at his place. Brian, being the amazing manager he is, assured me everything would be fine.

As we landed in England that afternoon, I stayed behind with Brian, helping him grab papers and suitcases. I could tell he was stressed.

"Brian, you alright?" I asked as he sighed.

"I'm fine Lucy. Just tired. Some coffee sounds nice about now." He smiled, looking exhausted. I pulled out a cigarette and lit it, handing it to him.

"This is all I can offer for now." I smiled. He laughed and took it, taking a long drag.

"Thanks love. I really needed that."

"No problem. I know they can be a handful." I shook my head. He smiled.

"Yeah well, atleast when you're around, it gives me a reason to stay back here and not have to deal with the hordes of screaming girls" He said sounding relieved. I giggled and nudged him.

"I'm actually pretty happy now that I decided to come over. I missed you Brian."

"I can say the same to you. Look the lads need to go down to the record studio to sort a few things out. Why don't you and me get a drink? I mean It's been awhile since we've been together...I mean not like together but as mates. Last time we had a drink with one another was at the cavern and..."

I laughed and nodded, interrupting him. "I'll get a drink with you Brian. Plus, I'd like to hear a few stories about the guys while I was gone." I smiled as we made our way out of the plane.

....