Chapter 29.

Me and John were silent on our drive to the hospital, following the ambulance in our car. The street outside blurred from my tears. I wiped them away. In the corner of my eye, I could see John wiping away his.

When we got to the hospital, they hurriedly took George inside and to a doctor. Lots of commotion and shouting as they rushed George, we hurriedly followed but were told to wait out in the hall.

I held John's hand as we watched the doctors do all they could. Monitors going off, I noticed the tube and the funnel. They were going to pump his stomach, I sniffled and heard gagging, followed by voices. As they drew back the curtain, I could see George fighting against them, the contents in the funnel going through the tube halfway down his throat.

"G..George." I shook John and pointed, he sighed and held me tight. I cried, not knowing what else to do. It wasn't long until George started convusling in a seizure like way, I buried my face into John's chest, wishing all of this would just end.

..

I woke up the next morning in John's lap. His arms around me as I rested my head on his chest. I looked up at him to see he was already awake. Staring at George's body.

He looked down at me and gave me a small smile.

"Morning love."

"Morning." I leaned up and gave him a quick kiss and got off him. He stretched and yawned.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked sitting in my own chair next to him.

"About two hours now. It was just dawn when I woke up."

I nodded and looked at the clock.

7:24 am

"Did you call anyone else?" I asked.

He nodded. "I called the lads. Nobody answered. I left messages."

"Has the doctor come by?"

"Yep yup. He um, George is in a small coma. He had alcohol poisoning."

I sighed and shook my head. "We need to pick up Julian from Mimi's."

I leaned over and brushed George's hair away from his eyes. He looked peaceful. Just asleep. He was somewhere in there in his world. His own fantasies. Living a happy life. Out here was just a reminder of how cruel the world is. Poor Geo.

..

When Paul and Richard showed up at the hospital, me and John decided to go back home to shower and change our clothes.

I was trying to reach around to zip up my dress when John came up behind me and zipped it for me.

"Thanks." I smiled. He kissed my cheek and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Do ye think he'll be alright? I mean after all of this?"

"You mean when he wakes up?" I asked putting my heels on. He nodded.

"I dunno. I'd like to believe he'll wake up and his life will be happy and sunshine. I just...I'm worried about him John. Things with Pattie, divorce, all this legal shit thrown at him all the time. Media, stupid magazine articles, finishing up the next album, interviews..."

"Just listening to all of that is making my head spin." He said. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I want him to be okay. You know I love him John. I just...I always said I'd take care of him and, now look. He's in a fuckin coma."

"Shh. Don't blame yourself love. He just wanted to be alone. He pushed us all away. Fuckin hell I thought maybe if we all did, he's just get better. He's so stubborn, he was just afriad to admit, he really needed us."