The Girl Next Door

No one would have guessed Bellamy to fall in love with the girl next door, no one more than himself. But here he is. He watched as she struggled with the lock of her apartment and was about to help when a older man came and helped. "Thanks, Dad." She said and went inside. Bellamy texted Jasper and Monty to cover his shift in the music store. He walked over to the girl who almost dropped a box labeled: books and shit. "Thank you..." She spaced off and then he realized she wanted to know his name.

"Bellamy Blake." He said and took the box from her hands. She blushed watching his muscles move. "You are?" He asked.

"Clarke Griffin. I just moved in." She walked inside her apartment. "Come on in." He followed her in and set the box down on a table.

"You'll love ARK." He said and Clarke gave him a weird look. "That's just what the locals call it." She laughed. "Where are you from?"

"Phoenix." She was trying to cut a box open and huffed in exasperation when it didn't work.

"A princess. Here let me." I took the box cutter from her and opened it smoothly. I found med books and then it slowly moved to art textbooks. "This is quite the mixture of books."

"In college I was pre-med and then by sophomore year I was an art major. I design picture books and I'm a photographer." She placed the books on a shelf and smiled over her shoulder at me. "What do you do?"

"I own a music shop downtown." I say thinking about how my two best friends are probably smoking in the back room before their shift.

"Oh I love music." She comments as she puts CDs and records on a different shelf. "I have a very important question for you." She said placing a CD in her stereo. "Do you prefer iPods, CDs, or records?" Queen started playing through the radio.

"Records. They just have a better sound." I hand her a stuffed animal. "What's that guy's name?" I pointed to the stuffed purple dog.

"Mr. Dog." I laughed and she hit my arm. "I was like 5 when I got it. Don't be mean."

"I wouldn't dream of it." There was a knock on her door.

"That must be my boyfriend." She ran to the door giddily and squealed happily. "Finn!" She said excitedly. I kept putting stuff on shelves. They both stepped into the apartment and Finn's eyes went straight to me. "This is Bellamy. He's my neighbor, right next door." She motioned to me and I nodded in response. "Hey Bellamy?" Clarke asks sweetly.

"Yes princess?" Bellamy responds setting the last book on the shelf.

"Help me with the thermostat? I'm f-freezing." She started rubbing her arms trying to warm them up.

"Oh we can't have that." Bellamy joked and brushed his hand on her arm. "Let me show you." She stood behind him trying to see.

"You're too tall." Clarke whined and squirmed in between him and the wall. "Now how do I do this?"

"Um..." Bellamy mused and caught the sent of lavender, paint, and ink coming from Clarke. "Like this." He turned some nobs and flicked some switches and suddenly Clarke leaned into him relaxing with the warmth. "Anything else?"

"I think I can get Finn to do the rest. I'll see you around." She said and before he knows it she's taking a picture of the two of them. "Perfect."

"Yeah. I'll see you around." He left with Finn's eyes on him.

Two weeks later, I'm coming home and hear crying from inside her apartment, with a "we're done!" shortly following and a door slamming dramatically. I heard footsteps and figured it was her boyfriend. There was a knock on my door. I opened the door and there stood Clarke, tears in her eyes. "Hey." She smiled half heartedly.