Blonde Babies (Ch. 2)

The blonde boy came first.

He was extremely unexpected. Clarke didn't even notice until Monty made some comment about the weird things she was eating. Octavia had pointed out she was sleeping more and her mood swings were unmanageable. Then Bellamy did the unthinkable. He mentioned her weight. She snapped at him pretty harshly. "Who the hell gave you the right to mention my weight, Blake!?" She yelled. She felt all eyes on her immediately.

"Clarke, you're making a scene." Bellamy said putting his hand on her arm.

"I don't care! You have no-"

She was cut off by someone tapping her shoulder. She turned around to see Monty. "Hey Clarke. I have your results."

"Results? what results?" Bellamy asked obviously concerned.

"The results for a pregnancy test." Monty said cautiously. "They came back positive, Clarke. 8 weeks to be precise." Bellamy's face was drained of all color and Clarke's heart stopped. "Congrats." Monty walked away quickly.

"I-I've gotta go." Clarke said quickly and got out of Bellamy's hold. She ran out of the gate. She didn't want him to follow her. She didn't want him to find her. But this is Bellamy she's talking about.

"Clarke! Clarke! Please! Stop!" Bellamy ran after her which wasn't hard considering her current state. Bellamy caught her arm and spun her around to face him. "Clarke, you shouldn't be running."

"Don't start, Bellamy. Just don't." Clarke wouldn't look at him.

"Don't start what?" Bellamy said in confusion.

"Don't become your fatherly Bellamy. You do that with Octavia. I won't have it!" Clarke yelled surprising Bellamy. "I don't care if you do that with our child but I will not be treated as though I am fragile, Bellamy! I mean it!" Clarke was suddenly very exhausted.

"Okay. Okay, Princess. I know you're not fragile. I just... I love you, Clarke. You know that, right?" Bellamy's arms slid around her waist.

"Of course." Clarke kissed him softly. "I love you too."

7 months later...

Bellamy hadn't left Clarke's side in days. He was driving her insane. She could have the baby any day now but he needed to stop fussing over her. She got mad when he told her she should go to bed and it was only 4 o'clock. "Bellamy..." She sighed in frustration. "I have work to do."

"Octavia can do it. She isn't as far along as you. She's only what? 5 or 6 months along?" Bellamy had started pulling on Clarke's arm lightly.

"Yes. But Lincoln is doing the same thing you are." Clarke sighed again.

"What thing?" Bellamy asks in confusion.

"That overprotective thing. Just now it's amplified for both of us." Clarke's hand instinctively went to her swollen belly. It wasn't too big. But it was still big. "I know you feel left out right now..." Clarke's other hand touched Bellamy's cheek. He leaned into it. "But if he or she wants to wait a couple more days, I need you to tone it down a couple notches. Okay?" I caught Bellamy's eyes with mine.

"Okay, Princess. But the minute he or she comes out I'm allowed to be overprotective again." Bellamy kissed her forehead.

1 week later

The baby, Oliver, was born only three days ago. Clarke was still pretty much resting as long as he was sleeping. Bellamy was always next to her. Never letting her out of his sight for more than 10 minutes. Abby had made it clear that the first month after birth will be crucial. That Bellamy needed to be watching the two of them carefully and always.

Clarke was now sleeping and Bellamy was holding little Oliver. Bellamy and Clarke had decided to move into their new house once Oliver is a month old and can be seeing more people. Oliver started to squawk and Bellamy started singing softly the lullaby his mother sang to Octavia to quiet her down. Bellamy really didn't want Clarke to wake up. Her nightmares were back. But now they were all about Oliver and her motherly instincts are to never sleep and always be near him. Bellamy told her she's ridiculous and told her he'd handle it for the next couple hours so she could sleep.

If Bellamy was honest, he's terrified. Being an actual father was different than being a father/big brother. You always had to be there for your child no matter what. That's what he believed anyway. His father wasn't there. That must have something to do with it.

Clarke woke up to find both her boys asleep. Oliver lay between his two parents out like a light. Bellamy, with one hand on Oliver's stomach, slept peacefully next to him.

Was this what having a child would be like?