Blonde Babies (Ch. 1)

I walked through the gate to meet a tiny little blonde toddler clutching onto my leg. I chuckled and picked her up. "Where's your mommy, sweetie?" She pointed her tiny finger at her mother as she rested her head on my shoulder.

It's not like this wasn't a common occurrence. Ever since people started having kids on Earth this happened. The mothers would meet their husbands/boyfriends with a baby on their hip. As the kids got older they would do it themselves. I would find one kid who got lost in the commotion usually. I'd lead them to their parents but this was a new occurrence.

When the little blonde toddler pointed she pointed to my wife, Clarke Griffin. I smiled and walked over to my exhausted and beautiful wife. She didn't see me at first which gave me the chance to kiss her. I did and she was in a deep conversation with a friend. The conversation forgotten, she twined her fingers into my hair pulling me tightly against her. We broke away when my wonderful daughter exclaimed, "eww!"

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you more." She whispered back.

"Not possible." I said back confidently and kissed her once more before OUR daughter whined about it again.

I woke with a start. I looked around quickly. Everything was the same. I was alone tonight, which was different. Most of the time some random girl would show up in my tent. I was too tired tonight. So that whole thing was a dream. Again. Third one this week. I don't know what it is about this whole domesticated life in those dreams, but it's causing weird things to happen. I've begun looking for Clarke in the crowd when I get back from a trip. She's always there. Happy to see me alive and uninjured. But that's it. Nothing else. She hardly touches me in anyway like in that dream.

I was thinking all of this when suddenly a girl with very Princess-like blonde hair stumbled into my tent. "Clarke?" I sat up as she strolled over to my bed. "What are you doing?"

"My kids have brown hair and freckles and brown eyes and it's all your fault." She sat on my lap straddling me and I sat frozen.

"What are you talking about?" I asked aware of her hands at the back of my neck.

"When I dream of a family..." She pauses. "My kids look just like you and you're always there. You're always the father and my husband. And I'm quite sick of it not being real, Bellamy." She slowly leaned in and her lips found mine in the darkness.

"Clarke?" I murmured against her lips. "What are we doing right now?"

"I'm kissing you because, as your sister has told me, I'm deeply and madly in love with you, Bellamy Blake." She held my gaze for just a second more before I was kissing her.

"I love you, Clarke." I whispered. I didn't give her a chance to respond as I flipped us over so she was under me.

Yes, a blonde boy and a brunette girl.