Mothers & Fathers

Clarke Griffin met Bellamy Blake at a "Mommy and Me" class when their daughters were 3 months and 5 months old. Clarke had been coming to the class with her 3 month old for a little over a month and had never seen him before. He was obviously new to the class and it didn't seem he needed bonding with his daughter based on the way she clung to him tightly where they sat on the floor.

Clarke decided to sit beside him and be friendly. Her own blonde little girl, Ellie, squeaked in annoyance at the new location. "Shh... It's okay, my little girl." Clarke cooed. Ellie didn't quiet for some time. Bellamy watched her for a few moments before speaking.

"She wants a pacifier." Bellamy said and reached for something in his diaper bag. He pulls out a case of pacifiers. There was one with a mustache on it and he placed it to Ellie's lips. She instantly took it into her mouth and quieted.

"You must be some kind of God." Clarke sighs looking over at him with a smile on her face.

"No, just a history teacher off for the summer who's been taking care of his little girl for 3 months by himself." He holds his free hand out. "Bellamy Blake."

"Clarke Griffin." She shakes his hand comfortably. She smiles at the brown haired little girl in his arm. "And who is this?" Clarke bumps the smiling girl's nose.

"Winona Blake." Bellamy says smiling at his little girl. "What's this little princess's name?" Bellamy says tapping the nose of the sleepy little girl.

"Ellie Griffin." Clarke says and looks away for a moment.

"Her father?" Bellamy asks, slightly tense.

"Lost the right to ever call himself that." Clarke says as her face fell.

"I would never let a kid grow up without a father." Bellamy practically growls.

"What about Winona's mother?" Clarke asks. "I mean, this is a Mommy and Me class."

"She left 3 months ago to 'pursue her dreams' I believe." Bellamy said shaking his head. "I thought this would be good for her. Get her to interact with other babies."

"Hey, at least I'm not the only one who's not married in the class anymore." Clarke muses and shortly after the class begins.

The next week is filled with play dates and Bellamy helping Clarke with the concept of baby food. Late nights and early mornings became routine. Sunday morning rolls around and Clarke is woken by a screaming baby and rapping on the apartment door at 7am. Clarke runs to grab Ellie and then runs to the front door. Ellie screaming in her ear the whole way. Bellamy stands, a smile on his face, at her front door. "Well, don't you look gorgeous, Princess." Bellamy says with a chuckle.

"Screw you, Blake." Clarke says with a growl.

"That's right. Clarke equals not a morning person." Bellamy says stepping into the apartment with Winona in her car seat, still sleeping. Ellie is still crying and Clarke is trying desperately to quiet her. Bellamy settles Winona in the swing in the living room and turns to the struggling mother. "Here, I'll take her. You go get some sleep." Bellamy says taking Ellie from her and the blonde little girl instantly settles into a slight whimper.

"Traitor." Clarke whispers and kisses her daughter's forehead before sending Bellamy a grateful look and running off to bed.