I Love It When You Do That

Clarke stretched as she woke up and rubbed her eyes tiredly. It was late morning based off the sunlight streaming through the window. Bellamy must have opened the curtains when he woke up. He has always been a morning person. Clarke, not so much. She rolled over to face the door leading out to their living room. She smelled a beautiful scent. Bellamy was cooking. His food was THE best according to her.

She slipped her glasses on and left her hair falling out of her messy bun. A breeze flew in. She grabbed Bellamy's red flannel shirt, putting it on. She buttoned it up and started the walk to the kitchen. She smelt chocolate chip waffles and bacon. God. He spoiled her beyond belief on their lazy Sundays.

She circled her arms around his waist from behind. He had a cupboard open and was in mid reach. She reached up and kissed the spot in between his shoulder blades. "Good morning." He said and turned to face her. He had the most amazing smile on.

"I love it when you do that." She whispered.

"Do what?" Bellamy asked in confusion.

"Smile like that." She says and leans up to kiss him.

"Smile like what?" He asks innocently with said smile.

~~~

Octavia stopped by the apartment with Bellamy's two year old nephew. It was possibly the worst day Clarke had at work so far. Her last class of the day started a paint war and she had become her own project assignment. The worst thing was that they were seniors in high school who acted like three year olds.

Clarke walked in the apartment and threw her book bag at the wall and her ruined jacket next to it. Bellamy was concerned and by the look on her face he came to a conclusion. "Princess?" She ignored him. Octavia took her son into the guest room. Clarke went into the kitchen and opened a bottle of wine. "Clarke?"

"Today was horrible. No. I don't want to talk about it. I want to shower and get these clothes in the wash to try and salvage them." She scowled and took a drink from the glass of wine Bellamy had poured for her.

"Okay. I understand." He leaned forward and kissed her forehead softly. "I'll draw you a bath and you should relax."

She smiled. "I love it when you do that."

"Do what?" He asks with a confused smile.

"Make me forget." She walks into their bedroom and starts untying the bun that holds her hair. She hears the running water from the bathroom. She releases her tension slowly and smiles at a picture of the two of them.

~~~

"Oh god I love you." Clarke moans softly as he kisses her neck as they both come down from their highs.

He kissed her pulse point. "I love you too, princess." He rolled off her and before she could even process the situation, pulled her against him and snuggled up to her. God he is the perfect man. His fingers were splayed across her stomach in a possessive gesture.

"I love it when you do that." She whispered and grabbed his hand to kiss his fingers. "Goodnight."

~~~

Clarke's mother stopped by the apartment. This surprised her greatly. Ever since Clarke had moved in with Bellamy three years ago, Abby had stopped talking to Clarke. That first year was mostly friends with benefits and soon developed an actual relationship. Abby didn't like Bellamy. Never had. Her reasons being all about his past and how Clarke didn't truly know him. But Clarke knew Bellamy as well as she knew herself. It had been that way since he had said he loves her.

Anyway, Bellamy came home to find his girlfriend screaming at her mother. "Why can't you be happy for me!?"

"Because you're throwing your life away, Clarke!" Abby yells.

"On what!? A man who loves me!?" Clarke screams back. Bellamy quietly sets his things down and goes to the kitchen.

"He can't provide for you!" Abby yells.

"Yes he can! Even if he couldn't, that wouldn't change the way I feel about him! I've loved him for the last two and half years!" Clarke tells her mother and Bellamy can't help the smile on his lips with her words.

"Why aren't you engaged than!? Or married!?" Abby yells and Bellamy smiles at the ground. If only she knew his plans.

"That's none of your business, Mom!" Clarke yells.

"Um... Mrs. Griffin," Bellamy started. "I think it's time for you to leave." He opened the door and gestured for her to leave.

"Fine." Abby left with a distasteful look thrown Bellamy's way.

"Well, considering she has hated me for years... that went better than expected." He turned around and saw Clarke's sad face. Tears were running down her face as she looked away from him. "Princess... what is it?"

He circled his arms around her in a comforting and possessive manner that had her turning to face him. "It's been three years, Bellamy. Three years and she still can't see how I feel about you is the most real thing I've ever felt." She doesn't look at him. She can't. "She comes back and she didn't even say or ask how I was doing. She asked if I was still dating you."

"Clarke, she's your mother and she only wants what she thinks is best." He pauses. "I'm obviously not that."

Clarke looks absolutely shocked. "Don't you dare ever say that again. Ever."

~~~

It was a year later when Clarke began her descent down the aisle. Bellamy had been looking at his feet until she was half way down and he mustered the courage. She makes it to him and smiles. She blushes bright red. "I love it when you do that." He whispers.

"Do what?" She asks in confusion.

"Be adorable. Be angry. Love me. Be exhausted. Kiss me. I love you." He says and Clarke nearly cries. "Now, lets get married."