Running to You

Tulle. God, she hates tulle. She runs out the back doors and stumbles on her heels. She kicks them into the bushes and continues down the stairs of the church. She runs to the street as a car pulls up. The driver gets out with a controlled smirk on his face. "So, you called, princess?"

"You gotta get me out of here. I'm not marrying him." Clarke said running to him across the street.

"Alright. If I'm doing this... I just need you to answer one question." Clarke sighed but nodded at his request. "Why aren't you marrying him?"

"Oh, and the only question I won't answer... Shucks. That's just too bad. Can I please get in your car now? My feet are killing me." Clarke says and Bellamy shakes his head. He runs to the passenger door, opening it for her. "Thank you." She climbs in with her dress poofing up all around her.

"You just had to be a princess, didn't you?" He said as he shoved the rest of the dress into the car.

"Blame your sister." Clarke groans as Bellamy climbs in the driver's side.

"Where to?" He was so casual about it. It was like one of their late night drives. They'd never really had a destination.

"I'd like to get out of this dress..." Bellamy waits patiently. "Your place. I guarantee I still have clothes there."

"Yeah. It's always interesting when I find bras or panties that don't belong to my last hookup." Bellamy grumbles as Clarke blushes. "Let's go." He drives off as Clarke fiddles with the dress.

The two of them hardly spoke since they broke off their friends with benefits thing and they hadn't spoken since she announced the engagement to that asshole. He didn't even respond to the invitation she sent. He had been extremely surprised when she called today. Bellamy noticed her tenseness. "You look beautiful." He whispered and she blushed a bright red.

"Thank you." She whispered and looked out the window as they pulled up to his house. It used to be where she lived as well, but... asshole boyfriend plus protective asshole best friend equals disaster. She moved out a little over two years ago. "I haven't been here in-"

"8 months and 24 days." Bellamy said climbing out of the car. Clarke swallowed. The last time they spoke. The last time they kissed. "Let's go." Bellamy helped her out of the car and walked to the front door. Clarke followed and she couldn't help but notice the rose bushes she planted, still in perfect health. She entered the house and the whole place was different though.

All of the feminine touches, gone. All of her art work, gone. Pictures, gone. Every little touch of her, gone. She felt like a knife has been thrown in her gut.

She looked down and made her way to his room and started to take the dress off. She couldn't reach the last couple buttons. "Bellamy?"

"Yeah?" He questioned walking in.

"I can't get the last buttons." She pouted and Bellamy wandered over. He gently undid the buttons and began unzipping the dress. "That's go-" the dress fell to the floor and she squeaked. "Bellamy!" She grabbed one of his shirts and threw it on to cover herself.

"Nothing I haven't seen before, princess." Bellamy shrugged and left her alone in his room.

Clarke sighed. "Right." She found a pair of her jeans and pulled them on. "Why didn't he get rid of these?" She thought out loud.

Once she was dressed she tried to pull the pins from her hair and failed miserably. She sighed and settled for removing her makeup instead. It was easy to get off with only water, which made her beyond happy. Once that was done she wandered into the living room. Bellamy was seated on the couch watching some horrible TV show.