29 Adrien

The cold wind ripped through Adrien's hair, making it fly in every direction. Marinette was screaming beside him as they fell. Adrien reached out and grabbed Marinette's hand which made her pause and stop screaming.

"It's okay, Marinette. He'll come for us," Adrien assured with confidence.

Marinette's eyes reflected the opposite of Adrien's tone.

"Are you insane? For crying out loud, he hurt you! And you expect him to...to save you?"

Marinette gave a frustrated groan. Adrien's eyes softened.

"Hey, if these are our last moments together, I don't want us to fight. Let's just...enjoy it."

"You want me to enjoy...falling?" Marinette snapped.

"Yes."

Marinette looked into Adrien's dreamy eyes and smiled faintly. They held hands as they fell to a certain death, their clothes moving ferociously from the wind tearing at it. The ground came into sight, growing closer and closer. Adrien guessed that he was wrong and his father wouldn't come for him. Adrien would have cried, but he had no tears left.

A hand wrapped around Adrien's waist and stopped his descent towards the ground. His body jerked from the sudden stop and he fastened his grip on Marinette's hand, frightened if he let go. The ground was only about six feet away so if they fell it wouldn't reflect in death.

Adrien glanced upward and beamed when he saw his father was the one who had saved them. "Chat Noir" looked at his son. Adrien saw pity in his eyes. Adrien opened his mouth to speak, but "Chat Noir" dropped them and ran away before Adrien could get a single word out.

Adrien fell on his back which knocked the air out of him. Marinette breathed heavily beside him and was the first to sit up. Adrien huffed and stood next to Marinette. He looked at her and smiled.

"Told you that you should trust me."

Marinette punched him in the arm hard. He rubbed his arm and laughed.

"Don't ever scare me like that!" Marinette threatened.

Adrien rolled his eyes and pulled Marinette's waist towards him to hug her. She relaxed and fell into his embrace.

Adrien opened his eyes and frowned. He saw a missing poster of him and Marinette.

Marinette's parents! They're probably worried sick.

"What's wrong?" Marinette asked, looking in the direction Adrien was faced.

"Nothing. It's just...you should go home. Your parents-"

"It's okay, Adrien. I'll go home when everything is fixed. I'll go home when you're safe again."

Adrien gave her a sad smile. He pecked her cheek with his soft lips.

"Where have you two been?" Master Fu and Tikki came up behind them out of nowhere. "We were worried sick. You should never have done such foolish things."

"We're so sorry, Master," Marinette apologized.

"I think it's time to take action," Adrien started. "We can't wait around any longer. Hawk Moth is wearing my miraculous so all we have to do is fight him and take it back."

Marinette and Master Fu stared at Adrien for what seemed like a lifetime.

"Okay. I have a plan," Master Fu said.

Sh*t is about to go down folks. The final battle is approaching.
Bug Out

-CringeWorthyaf
531 words