19 Adrien

After an hour of laying on the ground in pain and darkness, Adrien felt something return on his finger. Forcing his eyes open, he glanced down at his hand. His miraculous was back. With a groan, Adrien managed to sit up. He fiddled with his ring, wondering where Plagg could be.

As if Plagg read his thoughts, the Kwami Realm portal flashed and threw Master Fu and Plagg out of it. Adrien stumbled to his feet and caught Master Fu before he hit the ground.

"Thank you," Master Fu thanked as Adrien set him down on the rug. Master Fu beamed. "Plagg's magic has been restored! Your suit will be fixed and Plagg's scar is gone."

Adrien looked at Plagg. His scar was gone. Adrien lifted his shirt and unfolded the bandages. The wound was gone as well.

Adrien grinned. "Thank you."

Master Fu's smile disappeared. "I do have some bad news as well," Master Fu said.

"What is it?"

"In the Kwami Realm, I saw how Plagg's power was drained. It was your father."

"W-what. But...how?!"

"I believe that your father is...it doesn't matter." Master Fu shook his head. "The Kwami Realm retrieved Plagg's memories right before his magic was drained. Your father had a device that somehow sucked Plagg's power out and gave it to himself."

This couldn't be happening. It's all a nightmare. How could his father do that?

"Adrien, watch your feelings. You can't get akumatized," Master Fu said.

Adrien shook his hands out and paced around the room. He needed to talk to someone about this.

"PLAGG, CLAWS OUT!"
...

"AHH!"

Chat Noir was furious. How could his father do this? How could his father keep a secret like that from him? Does that mean his father knows who Chat Noir is?

Chat Noir snarled. "CATACLYSM!"

Chat Noir destroyed a bench in the park. He was boiling with anger. The feeling left as soon as it had come when he saw Marinette's house.

Beep, beep!

His ring was flashing which indicated he only had five minutes until he transformed back. Chat Noir ignored it and carefully climbed his way to Marinette's balcony.

"Marinette? Are yo-"

"Chat!" Marinette shouted.

Marinette ran to Chat Noir and wrapped her hands around his neck, pulling him in a tight hug.

"W-what happened? There was so much pain and....your hole is gone!"

Chat Noir gritted his teeth. Marinette must have experienced the same pain as he did. Chat Noir explained about the Kwami Realm and how Gabriel somehow stole Plagg's magic.

Marinette blinked a couple of times, taking in the information. After a while of staring off into space, Marinette locked eyes with Chat Noir's.

"How did Gabriel even do that? Do you hang out with him?" Marinette asked.

Chat Noir couldn't tell Marinette Gabriel was his father. Then she would know he was Adrien.

"He spends his day inside all the time. He probably tracks both of us because we're heroes. He might have seen me transform or something," Chat Noir lied.

Marinette bit her lip. "You think he knows who I am?" she whispered.

Chat Noir opened his mouth to say something when his ring beeped again.

"You're about to transform back," Marinette warned.

"Still have four minutes, Puurincess," Chat Noir cooed. "Anyway, I don't know. I just needed to talk to you about this. I'm nervous. What if he drains Plagg's magic again? Or Tikki's?"

"Just don't make contact with him. Oh my gosh!" Marinette shouted as she stood up. "Adrien, Mister Agreste's son! He might be in trouble."

Beep, beep!

"I'll keep tabs on him and keep a night watch," Chat Noir volunteered. "He goes to school, um, right?"

"Yeah. I go to school with him so I can do the day watch," Marinette said.

Chat Noir's palms were sweating in his suit. He had to be extra careful now.

Beep, beep!

Marinette licked her chapped lips nervously. She wrung her hands together.

"I know last time I kissed you you said you needed more time, but I just want to...you know..." she trailed off.

Beep, beep!

Chat Noir's eyes trailed to Marinette's face. He sighed and leaned down to kiss her lips. She hesitated to touch her hand to Chat Noir's face. Her fingers finally smoothed over his hair. A green flash brightened the room and Chat Noir transformed back into Adrien. Adrien pulled away quickly.

"Shut your eyes!" he yelled.

Adrien covered her eyes with his hands. Marinette gasped with surprise.

"Did you...just transform back?" she asked.

"Yes. Do you...want to see me?"

"No! No. It's dangerous. Just...just leave," Marinette finally said.

Adrien's lips turned white as he pulled them into a stiff line. He shook his head even though Marinette couldn't see him.

"No. Let's figure more about Gabriel. Let's go to Master Fu. Don't shut me out."

"Okay," she said after a few silent moments.

Adrien removed his hands from Marinette's eyes. They were still shut. Adrien gave Plagg cheese so he would have his strength back.

"PLAGG, CLAWS OUT!"

Marinette followed suit and opened her eyes.

"TIKKI, SPOTS ON!"

The two heroes transformed and jumped out the window. They needed to know more about Gabriel and what he wanted to do with Plagg's powers.

Only I know what Gabriel is planning on doing with the power. And it's evil. Hahahaha.
Bug Out.

-CringeWorthyaf
900 words