10 Ladybug

Marinette remembered everything Luka did to her. She was so confused and angry. She thought Luka was good. Not...psychotic! Whatever, she needed to get out of that room.

"Tikki? Where are you? Where are we?" Marinette asked, roaming around the small room looking for her kwami.

"I'm right here, Marinette."

Marinette heard Tikki's voice coming from behind a bed, the only piece of furniture down there.

"We're underneath Luka's houseboat, so keep quiet. He has cameras," Tikki warned.

Marinette nodded and spoke in a low voice. "What happened to Adrien?"

"I'm not sure. I'm sorry, Marinette," Tikki whispered.

"Tikki, I have to transform. I don't care that there are cameras. If we don't escape, Adrien could be in trouble."

"Okay. Just be careful."

"Don't worry, I will. TIKKI, SPOTS ON!"

Ladybug leaped in the air and kicked the cameras that crashed to the floor and broke. She turned towards the wooden door locked from the outside. She swung her yo-yo in a circle and hurled it at the door. A huge hole broke through the door. She kicked it down and ran up the stairs to the upper level of the boat.

Ladybug ran out of the boat and hopped out to hide under the bridge. Ladybug's hair was drifting to the side by the wind. She searched the area and stopped. Her eyes widened. What she saw made a tear slide down her cheek. Ladybug saw Adrien and Luka kissing.

I bet Luka is making him do this. He has to be. It just can't make sense.

Ladybug had to tear her eyes away from the scene. It only made her cry more. With a deep breath, Ladybug swung her yo-yo onto a building and jumped off of it right in front of them.

"Stop it, Luka! I know you captured Marinette and now you're forcing Adrien to like you!" Ladybug yelled, her yo-yo raised.

Luka put his hands up and explained, "I did imprison Marinette, and I'm sorry. I just wanted her to get away from Adrien because I liked him. But I'm not forcing him to like me anymore."

The tips of Adrien's ears turned pink. Luka was right. And he had to say it to make it real.

"I-I...it's all so messed up now," Adrien said looking at Ladybug's bluebell eyes. "I was confused with my feelings with Marinette and Luka. I...I-I-I need to see her. Please save her."

There still might be a chance.

"I'll get Marinette and let you...figure things out," Ladybug said, running off to the boat.

Once she was inside, she de- transformed.

"Spots off."

"Marinette, what are you going to do?" Tikki asked concerned.

"I don't know," she admitted. "Just hide, Tikki."

Marinette walked out and stood in front of the two boys. Adrien looked up at her and hugged her. Luka went stiff.

"I'm glad you're safe. But..." Adrien took a deep breath. "I need a break. I'm confused...about my feelings."

He looked back at Luka, then Marinette. Marinette felt her heart drop. She just had to play it cool. She wouldn't break down in front of them.

"It's okay, Adrien. I...understand," she said quietly.

Adrien scrunched his eyebrows together and reached out for her.

"Marinette-"

She turned away. "I'm fine," she lied before heading home.

"Marinette, are you-" Tikki started to ask.

"Thanks for trying to comfort me Tikki, but I'm fine. I need to move on so I don't get akumatized. Please, just let me think."

Tikki's eyes sunk. She sure hoped Marinette was right.

You go, Mari. Don't let Adrien bum you out. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go hide before my friend kills me for writing about how Adrien and Luka just kissed.
Bug Out.

-CringeWorthyaf
635 words