3 Adrien

"Hi, Marinette!" Adrien greeted.

Marinette jumped at the sound of his voice. "Oh. H-hey, Adrien. I uhh, didn't s-see you there."

He laughed. "Yeah, guess Alya surprised you." Marinette laughed nervously. "Are you okay?" Adrien asked with one golden eyebrow raised.

"Uh, y-y-yeah, just a little t-tired. I got here date. I-I-I mean l-late!"

"Well, since I got here at lunch, want to go eat somewhere?" Adrien asked. "It'd be nice to go with a friend."

Marinette sighed and looked down. "A friend, huh? I mean-" She jumped frantically and laughed nervously again. "S-sure."
...

Marinette and Adrien walked to Andre's Ice Cream.

"Hello, would you like some ice cream you two love birds?" Andre asked cheerfully.

Adrien and Marinette blushed and looked away from one another.

"We're just friends," Adrien corrected, scratching the back of his neck.

"Of course you are," Andre said with a smile. "For the lady, golden vanilla for his hair, green apple for his eyes, and a cherry to top it all off. For the gentlemen, blackberry for her hair, blueberry like her eyes, and a cherry on top! Enjoy."

Adrien and Marinette walked to a park bench and began to eat their ice cream. Adrien had to admit that his ice cream looked like Ladybug. Andre's ice cream was supposed to resemble what your soulmate would look like. He smiled to himself and sighed dreamily.

"T-t-thank you, Adrien."

He looked at Marinette. "For what?"

"Taking me out here. It's nice hanging out with a...with a friend," she admitted looking at her dessert while smiling.

Adrien grinned. It was the first time she didn't stammer. "You're welcome. It's nice to get out and live a normal life for once."

Marinette's smile faltered. She forgot that he was a model and not a kid most of the time. She stared as Adrien put his head on the bench and looked at the sky. She looked up at the blue sky too.

"Do you miss being a kid?" Marinette whispered.

Adrien couldn't answer. No one has ever asked that before.

"I don't know," he finally responded. "I don't even remember being a kid so I can't compare."

"I'm sorry...but, um, you're v-v-very brave, Adrien," she said more confidently.

Adrien met Marinette's eyes. He felt a surge of warm heat swirl around his chest and make its way to his cheeks. His body tensed with the new feeling. Marinette forgot how to breathe as she realized how long they've been quiet.

"Marinette!"

Adrien and Marinette both turned around to see Luka coming up to them with flowers.

Luka, the one who was akumatized because of Marinette. Perhaps Adrien should do some investigation on them both. He'll save that task for later, though.

"Marinette, I'm so sorry," Luka apologized. "I got mad that you didn't like me and I took it out on you and that was wrong."

Marinette could only stare. Luka stole a glance at Adrien and swallowed. He held out his hand and waited for Marinette to take the yellow roses.

Adrien felt a sting of boiling heat. He pursed his lips but kept quiet. He wasn't sure what this feeling was, but he knew he was betraying Ladybug. Somehow, he knew he was.

Marinette stood up. "I'm sorry too. Let's just forget about it, okay?"

She took the flowers and hugged him. He gasped slightly, then hugged back.

"Thank you, Marinette. You're such a cool girl."

Marinette's cheeks heated up from the compliment. She and Luka were just friends, but it was still nice to be complimented.

Adrien felt awkward watching them. He looked down and waited for the heat to leave his cheeks. Watching Marinette hug Luka...he wasn't sure what he was feeling and who he was feeling it towards. His feelings were a jumble today.

"Uh, we should probably go back," Adrien said, standing and stuffing his hands in his pockets.

Marinette leaped back from Luka like she was out of a trance.

"Uh, y-y-yeah. B-bye, Luka." Marinette waved and jogged to catch up to Adrien.

Adrien looked behind his back. Luka caught Adrien's eye and winked. The same surge of warmth bloomed in his chest. He turned away from Luka and wiped his sweaty palms on his jeans.

Marinette took out her phone and gasped. "We're going to be late...again!"

Adrien grinned at Marinette. "Try to keep up."

Marinette's jaw dropped and she was frozen when Adrien broke into a sprint. She shook her head and ran to keep up.
...

"Alright class, settle down," Miss Bustier said.

Adrien sat next to Nino while Marinette sat next to Alya behind them.

"Tell. Me. EVERYTHING!" Alya exclaimed anxiously.

"We went to Andre's Ice Cream and talked and stared into each other's eyes for a bit. Then we raced back and oh Alya, his smile!"

Both girls screamed excitedly.

Adrien sighed. The warm fuzzy feeling was back. He needed to focus on Ladybug. She always gave him strength. Today though, as he imagined her beautiful face and selfless leadership, his mind wandered off to two things. A wink from a boy, and a smile from a girl. What was wrong with him?

"Girl, did he give you those?" Alya pointed to the yellow roses next to Marinette's bag.

"Oh, no. I...they're for my mom. She was feeling sick so I wanted to get her something and I didn't have time to bake something so I just thought-"

"Calm down, Mari!" Alya laughed. "You don't need to tell me your whole life story, girl."

Marinette smiled and looked away.

"Alright class, I'm going to pair you up in groups of two for the big project that is due in a week," Miss Bustier instructed.

"Miss Bustier, can I be with Adrikens?" Chloe asked as she turned towards Adrien, fluttering her eyes. "We work really well together."

Adrien couldn't imagine a whole week working with her. Ever since they were little kids Chloe has had a crush on him for his looks.

"We will see Chloe," Miss Bustier continued. "Nino and Alya, Mylene and Ivan, Juleka and Rose, Kim and Max, Sabrina and Chloe, Alix and Nathaniel, and Marinette and Adrien."

"WHAAAT?!" Chloe boomed, standing up and banging her hands on the desk.

"That is final, Chloe. If you wish to keep talking, you can visit the principal's office," Miss Bustier said firmly.

"Fiiiine! But you better believe my Daddy will hear of this," Chloe moaned slumping back down.

Adrien beamed. He was glad he was with Marinette. She was a good friend. His grin slowly turned into a frown as he looked outside the window.

There was another Akuma attack.

Luka is up to no good. Oh no...what will he do?
Bug Out.

-CringeWorthyaf
1139 words

Which OneOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara