17 Ladybug

It's time he knows.

Taking a deep breath, Marinette said the familiar words, "Tikki, spots on."

With a swirl of pink and red sparkles, she was Ladybug. Chat Noir's jaw dropped.

"It...it makes so much sense," Chat Noir said almost to himself. "You always wear those black earrings that are actually your miraculous and...your hair is almost identical to Ladybug's and you leave class whenever there's an Akuma attack-"

"Wait, you're in my class?!" Ladybug exclaimed.

Chat Noir turned red. "N-no. I'm not a student or anything. I mean, I'm as young as one, but I don't go to your school. No."

Ladybug pursed her lips. She pondered on who it could be that was stalking her school but not attending it. Finally, she sighed.

"What's wrong?" Chat Noir wanted to know.

He stared at Ladybug. She blushed.

"Are you disappointed that it's me, Chat Noir?" Ladybug changed the subject.

Chat Noir recoiled and asked, "Why would I be disappointed? You are...everything I could have hoped for. I just need some time to wrap my head around it. But...that's...it's..."

He ran his hands through his hair and smiled. Ladybug looked him in his eyes. She regretted nothing. Ladybug leaned in and locked lips with Chat Noir. He moved his lips against hers in slow motion. He pulled back and shook his head.

"Not yet, it's too soon," he whispered.

Ladybug pulled her body away from his and her cheeks turned red. She swallowed her embarrassment.

"Y-yeah. Sorry," she apologized.

They both looked away awkwardly. After some time, Chat Noir finally spoke.

"Now that I know your identity, my turn."

Ladybug jumped. "No!" she yelled.

Chat Noir stopped and raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"It could be dangerous. It's already risky for you to know my identity. It would be better if I didn't know who you really were. Hawk Moth could use it against us."

Chat Noir frowned. "Marinette, wouldn't you want to know? I mean, what if we...what if we get into a relationship?" he asked quietly.

Ladybug's heart throbbed. She cleared her throat. "I don't care who is under that mask. You have a good heart. You protect Paris. That's all that matters."

Chat Noir grinned. "We protect Paris."

Chat Noir took her hand and kissed it before he ran out of the window without a word. Ladybug stood there feeling like an idiot.

"Spots off."

Tikki came flying out of her earrings and landed in front of Marinette.

"I told you that you would know each other's secret identities," Tikki chirped in her high-pitched voice.

"Well...he knows mine, but I told him I didn't want to know his," Marinette admitted.

"You did the right thing, Marinette. Like always."

"Thanks, Tikki." Marinette smiled, then thought of something. "By the way, did you see the hole in his suit? It's still there from the sword."

Tikki's eyes widened. "He must have not gone to Master Fu yet. We should go."

"I'm sure he's going there now. If he doesn't by tomorrow, we'll go. But it's none of our business. Besides, it's getting late and I have school tomorrow."

"Alright," Tikki agreed reluctantly.

Marinette smiled at Tikki that she returned. They headed to Marinette's plush bed and settled beneath the covers. They slept for a while until Marinette woke disturbed. She glanced at the clock. It was a little past midnight.

Breathing loudly, she felt her earrings. They were...vibrating. Tikki was gone. Marinette felt panicked and threw her sheets to the side. Just as she was getting out of bed, she froze. Her earrings were also disappearing. Then came the pain.

Oh no, Mari. Oh no...
Bug Out.

-CringeWorthyaf
619 words