21 Gabriel

Adrien's father, Gabriel, was underneath his mansion in his secret lair. To access his lair, he pushed three hidden buttons on his wife's portrait hanging in his office.

Gabriel was a broken man with no love in his heart. Ever since his wife, Emilie, "disappeared," he has never been the same. The truth was, Emilie was the owner of the peacock miraculous. And Gabriel was the owner of the moth miraculous. They were partners that fell in love. Then a few years later Emilie gave birth to a baby boy, Adrien. Gabriel had never been happier.

But one day when Emilie was using her miraculous, she got in an accident. The miraculous was damaged from that day on, along with Gabriel's heart. He found Emilie injured and brought her home. But it was too late. She died in his arms. And he could never forgive himself. He vowed to save his wife. And if he somehow got his hands on Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculous, then he could wish for his wife to come back to their family.

So he started to use his miraculous for evil. He had tried and failed to retrieve their miraculous, but he never gave up on Emilie. Gabriel couldn't let go of Emilie's body so he put it in his lair. There was a glass-encased dome around her, keeping her body healthy. So it was like Emilie was there, just on the other side of a wall.

Gabriel screamed. He was angered more than ever. He knew about Adrien's secret. He knew that this whole time his own son was Chat Noir. And he wanted that ring. He needed it.

Gabriel made a device that could track down kwamis. He found Chat Noir's by accident. What took him by surprise even more than his son being Chat Noir was his device. It absorbed Chat Noir's kwami's power. Gabriel now could destroy anything he wanted. He took Chat Noir's special power, cataclysm. But he could only use it once.

Gabriel looked once more at his wife. A frown appeared on his face. He pushed the feeling away and returned above ground. Gabriel stepped off the platform that went down to his lair and started up the stairs to Adrien's room.

He entered without making a sound. Finding his way through the dark, he managed to get to Adrien's bed. Gabriel found a dim flashlight and flicked it to life. It revealed a horrible sight.

Adrien and some girl were laying next to each other, sleeping. He suspected that it was Ladybug. He took a syringe out of his pocket. It would put a person to sleep for several hours.

"I'm sorry, son," Gabriel whispered.

He plunged the needle into Adrien's arm. He flinched, but then immediately relaxed. He took another one out and stabbed it into Ladybug's arm. He carefully took Adrien and put him over his shoulder. Then he yanked the girl off the bed and dragged her down to his lair. Gabriel tied Ladybug up in tight chains and Adrien was put in handcuffs.

He would wait until morning to take their miraculouses and make the wish. Adrien would understand and give up his miraculous. He wasn't sure about Ladybug, though. He left them and went back up.

When he emerged from his lair and back into his office, he was met with Nathalie, a woman who had blue silk hair with a red stripe in the front who always wore it in a bun. Nathalie knew that he was Hawk Moth. She supported him and helped. He appreciated her.

"What is it, Nathalie?" Gabriel asked.

"Are you sure about this, sir? I know Adrien kept his secret from you, but you did as well," Nathalie reminded him.

"I have never been more positive in my entire life. Besides, I won't hurt my son so you have nothing to worry about," he stated unconvincingly.

"Understood," Nathalie said.

Nathalie left without saying anything else. Even though she knew Gabriel's secret, he did not know hers. She loved Gabriel. It hurt her to think that he still believed he could save his wife. If she were ever to get one powerful wish, she would wish that Gabriel, Adrien, and her would be one family. One happy family. A tear trickled down both Nathalie and Gabriel's cheeks. Both thinking if they made the right decisions.

I ship Nathalie and Gabriel 100% Anyway, thank you to those who stuck all this way through the book. It means a lot.
Big Out.

-CringeWorthyaf
756 words