27 Marinette

Marinette set Adrien's head on a plump pillow. Adrien passed out almost immediately after drinking the red vile. She stood up and joined Master Fu. He was mixing seaweed and some chunky liquid on the little coffee table.

"How was your partner, Marinette? Did she do a good job?" Master Fu questioned.

He continued working as Marinette spoke. "She was excellent. I'm recruiting her again if I need extra help. And I'm almost positive that she doesn't know who Hawk Moth is."

"That is good. She does not need to know his identity."

Marinette swept a nervous glance at Adrien.

"How long will he be sleeping, Master Fu?" Marinette asked while wringing her fingers together.

"Mmm, another hour or so."

"Oh. Well...what will we do about Hawk Moth? I need to get Chat Noir's miraculous so Adrien can transform. And if I bring Rena Rouge, I risk the chance of her finding out Chat Noir's identity. And I don't think she's ready for handling Hawk Moth face to face and-"

"Don't worry, Marinette. Everything will be fine," Master Fu assured.

With a sigh, Marinette walked back to the rug and brushed Adrien's golden hair out of his face. He looked even more handsome when he was sleeping. She reddened at the thought and stroked his soft cheek.

"You really love him, don't you?"

It took a while for Marinette to realize Master Fu was talking to her. Words failed her so she just nodded.

Master Fu turned back to his work and grimaced. He could tell deep down that Adrien did not feel the same.

Marinette snapped her attention away from Master Fu and back on Adrien. She closed her eyes and leaned against a wall near him. She fell asleep shortly after.
...

Marinette opened her eyes and stretched out her legs. Adrien was talking with Master Fu at the coffee table. Master Fu glanced at Marinette and smiled.

"You're awake. How was your sleep?" he asked.

"Good. How long was I sleeping?"

"Almost three hours." This time Adrien spoke. "I woke up and couldn't fall back asleep, but I also didn't want to wake you up. So I've been helping Master Fu make more of that red liquid stuff."

Marinette beamed. It was good to see Adrien so happy.

"Why are you making more?" Marinette asked.

"Oh, it turns out that stuff only lasts for two days. So we thought it would be smart to make more."

Marinette nodded in agreement. Adrien scooted around Master Fu and settled next to Marinette. She rested her head on his shoulder while Adrien rested his on top of Marinette's head.

"Do we have a plan yet?" Marinette asked no one in particular.

"I don't know. Master Fu has been drawing something for some time now," Adrien noticed.

He raised an eyebrow at Master Fu who didn't seem to notice or perhaps care.

"You seem to be feeling better considering that you could barely sit up and now you're walking around," Marinette said to break the silence.

"I feel great. The scars are still there, but I don't feel them."

"Mmm."

"No. Watch."

Adrien let go of Marinette and stood before her. He smiled at her then did a backflip.

"See?"

Marinette grinned. "Bravo. Round of applause."

She clapped her hands right as Adrien lunged for her and tackled her to the ground. She laughed and they both rolled onto their backs. Master Fu couldn't hold back a laugh of his own. Everything seemed so perfect. Marinette almost forgot about Hawk Moth. Almost.

Adrien rolled over Marinette and whispered, "Let's go," in her ear.

Marinette gave him a curious look. Adrien just smiled and stood up, offering his hand to Marinette. She took it and stood beside Adrien. She caught a whiff of his cologne and almost fainted. Marinette didn't think she would ever get over her weird obsession for Adrien.

Adrien tugged Marinette's hand in the direction of the door. She hesitated at first, but then let Adrien lead her away after making sure Master Fu had his back turned. They slipped out silently and ran into the night. Adrien pulled Marinette's hand all the to the Eiffel Tower. It was glorious with its golden lights glowing brightly.

Adrien gave a mischievous smile towards Marinette then continued up and up the stairs to the top of the Eiffel Tower. They reached the top out of breath. Adrien let go of Marinette's hand and walked to the edge of the tower with Marinette close behind. It was breathtaking. The night held so many sparkling dots in the sky, each of them flickered in their own way.

Adrien pulled Marinette's attention away from the stars and back to his dazzling green eyes. She brushed the side of his jawline with her fingertips. Adrien's hands wrapped around her lower waist. She thought they were leaning in to kiss when Adrien hugged her instead. Marinette hugged him back with a frown.

She didn't dwell on the hug for too long because Adrien took her waist and lifted her in the air giving her a little twirl. He stumbled and they both landed on the concrete. Adrien made sure Marinette landed on himself and not on the hard ground. Marinette laid her head on Adrien's chest and gazed at the sky. He didn't put her arms around her and instead put them behind his head. She frowned again. He kissed her neck and drifted to sleep. Marinette yawned and let her body relax. Her eyelids shut and she fell asleep.

I hope you like this chapter. I know the last few chapters have been quite lovey-dovey so I'll try to be more dramatic when it comes to fighting scenes.
Bug Out

-CringeWorthyaf
957 words