11 Marinette

Marinette yawned. It was seven-fifty, ten more minutes until school started. She was a block away from school when Alya grabbed her by the arm and pulled her to the side. Marinette yelped. She wasn't expecting to be yanked by Alya this early in the morning.

"GIRL! What. Happened?!"

Alya stared at Marinette, wanting a reply.

Marinette rubbed her eyes. She was so confused. "What are you talking about?"

"Um, hello? Don't you remember the voice message you left me? Girl!" Alya screamed.

Marinette completely forgot she told some things to her best friend.

"What happened yesterday? Adrien said you were sick and at his house," Alya stated confused.

Marinette sighed and told Alya everything that happened.

"Wait, so let me get this straight. Ladybug saved you from Luka's boat because Luka tried to get you away from Adrien because he liked him? Then Adrien said he was confused and basically dumped you? But then you said you were fine with it? What were you thinking?" Alya asked.

Marinette looked down at the sidewalk. "I wasn't thinking."

Alya smiled. "Well girl, listen, if you want Adrien back, then you have to make him jealous."

Marinette shook her head. "I don't want him back. I think I need a break too."

Alya rolled her eyes. "Whatever girl. I'm your best friend, I know you're lying to yourself."

Marinette looked at her with a small smile. "You may be right, Alya."

Alya put her arm around Marinette's shoulder. "I'm always right, girl."

They laughed and ran into the school. Marinette bumped into Adrien who was talking to Nino. Marinette rubbed her head, hoping it would ease the pain.

"Are you okay, Marinette?"

"Yeah. I'm fine, Adrien," Marinette reassured as she looked up at Adrien.

"I didn't say that. He did," Adrien said.

He pointed to a guy with bright red hair and a notebook in his hands. Nathaniel rubbed his hand behind his neck just like Adrien did when he was nervous.

"Oh, sorry. But um...yeah, I'm fine," Marinette repeated awkwardly.

Alya nudged Marinette with her elbow and mouthed the word, 'jealous'.  Marinette shook her head. She couldn't do that.

"Do you want to go to the movies with me tomorrow?" Nathaniel asked shyly.

Marinette's eyes widened. She looked at Alya who was giving her the thumbs up.

Marinette gulped. "Sure," she agreed.

He smiled and blew out a relieving breath.

"Uh, aren't you forgetting someone?" Nino asked, putting his arm around Alya's shoulder. "We're coming too."

Alya started to shake her head and argue when Marinette nodded to her.

Alya smiled at her friend. "If you'll let us come," Alya said.

"Of course. It can be like a double date." Marinette became red at her words. "N-not that it has to be a date. I just...haha. Ha...ha."

Alya, Nino, and Nathaniel laughed. Marinette soon joined them. Adrien stood in silence. Maybe he should go too. Clear things up with Marinette.
...

Miss Bustier greeted everyone as they entered the classroom.

"Alright class, sit down and I'll take attendance," she yelled over the talking students.

"Adrien?"

"Present."

"Chloe?"

"Heeeere."

"Iv-"

The speakers screeched and the principals' voice, Mister Damocles, boomed through the school.

"Attention everyone. There has been an Akuma attack. Go home and stay safe."

Everyone gathered their stuff and ran home. Except for Marinette. She hid in the bathroom and shut the door.

"Let's go, Tikki. We have some kicking butt to do. TIKKI, SPOTS ON!"
...

Ladybug and Chat Noir had been fighting for over two hours. Night had fallen and they were still working hard to save Paris.

Ladybug had a plan. It required Chat Noir to lure the villain, Steel Slayer, to the park where Ladybug would blindfold the akumatized victim, wrap him in her yo-yo, break the sword that Steel Slayer carried where the Akuma was hidden, and capture the pesky butterfly.

Chat Noir was almost to the park.
Ladybug hid in a tree ready to jump.

Where is that cat?

Ladybug's earnings beeped. Two more minutes before she transformed back. Ladybug stiffened. If Chat Noir couldn't get here in time, she would turn into Marinette and let everyone down.

Just as Ladybug was losing hope, Chat Noir came flying into the park, using his pole to get him high in the air. Steel Slayer followed just as her plan had predicted. Ladybug leaped down and landed on Steel Slayer's head.

"Hold...still!" she commanded.

Ladybug finally managed to get the sword. She swung it over her head and smashed it against the bench.

"No more evil-doing for you little Akuma. TIME TO DE-EVILIZE!" she caught the bug. "Bye, bye little butterfly. Miraculous, ladybug!"

Ladybug smiled as she released the Akuma and her miraculous ladybugs fixed the city.

"Pound i-"

Ladybug looked at the ground. Chat Noir laid on his back, breathing deeply.

"Are you okay, Chat Noir?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Just...catching a breather," he replied weakly.

"Are you sure? I can stay."

"I'll be fine. Besides, you're about to transform back."

He pointed to her earnings. Ladybug covered her hand over them. He was right.

"I have to go. Bye, Kitty."

Ladybug made it to her house just as she transformed back.

"You should see if he's okay Marinette," Tikki urged.

"That's just what I was about to do. Now hide, Tikki."
...

Marinette ran to the park. She wasn't convinced that Chat Noir was alright. And she made the right call. When Marinette arrived, she saw Chat Noir surrounded by a puddle of his own blood.

Duh, duh, duuuuuhh. What shall happen next? Is he going to die? Who knows?
Bug Out.

-CringeWorthyaf
946 words