Chapter 58

The night had crept into Charming in what seemed like an hour, in reality it was in eight hours.

Jax and I stood outside of Opie and Donna's house, waiting ever so patiently for them to answer the door. Jax was holding the plastic container filled with my freshly made Apple Pie; and Jax of course being the stubborn, cocky man, that I loved; wanted to add his own flavor to the dessert. But let me say now, I wasn't going to allow that to happen. He would make a mess of it, turning it into a crappy mix of Apple Pie. 

He wasn't completely hopeless in the kitchen, but he wasn't that great. Not saying that I was any better, it's just I didn't agree on adding extra flavours that may just kill the dessert.

"Maybe they aren't home." I stare down at the ground, I was completely exhausted. My feet ached and my back was giving me curry.

"They're home, just give them a sec." Jax reassured me, allowing one hand to slip from the container grasping onto my hand, entwining our fingers together.

"How do I look?" I perk up, taking my attention from my feet, towards Jax.

"Good for a laugh." He cheekily replies, giving me a smirk.

"Hey!" I groan using my other hand, clenching it into a fist and gently punching his bicep.

"What was that for?" Jax groaned sticking out his bottom lip.

"You know what for." I smirk.

"Now seriously Jackson, how do I look?" I straightened up my posture and fixed up my clothes. I was wearing a bright floral dress with a pair of flat soled shoes. It probably looked like a unicorn had vomited all over me.

"Baby, you look beautiful, you always do." He leans over laying a kiss on the side of my temple.

"Sure, I do." I roll my eyes, my cheeks heating up and a small smile crossing my face. "I'm getting fatter everyday." I add.

"Not fatter, hotter. You're turning into a mother, and your beauty, believe me it stuns me." He chuckled at my reaction. How could he be so smooth with everything he said? It was like he practiced everyday. He knew how to talk; for god's sake Jax was a smooth talker.

"I don't believe you." I cross my arms across my body, stubbornly.

"Ethel-" Jax was immediately cut off by the door ripping open, revealing Opie standing there with his beautiful daughter on his shoulders.

"Sorry for the wait guys, come on in." Opie stepped aside whilst his daughter watched us cautiously. I swear she hated me, couldn't blame her if she did.

Opie shut the door behind us and knelt down, catching both Jax's and my attention.

"Hey honey, go tell mommy we got visitors." Opie sets Ellie down so she could go tell her mother. Ellie's attention converted from Opie towards Jax and myself, she was looking very cautious.

"Yes daddy." She takes her attention from us back towards her father. A small grin crossing her pale complexion.

Watching Ellie wander off into the house, Opie lead Jax and I towards the lounge room, showing us to our seats on the lounge.

"Thanks for coming guys, its good to see you guys together, for once in a while." Opie takes a seat on a single chair whilst Jax and I sat on the three seater.

"Once in a while? We're always together man." Jax chuckled positioning the container down onto the small coffee table in front of us, before draping his arm around my waist.

"That can be debatable." Opie smirked.

"You should see us at home. Now that's a sight to see, we're hooked by the hip." Jax leant over and kissed my cheek.