Chapter 63

Ethel's POV:

I sat on the lounge staring, just staring into an abyss. My mind had been stressed to the point that I was feeling rather numb. Ever since I killed Esai, Jax had made it clear that he wasn't going to leave my side. Legitimately, it was almost as if he had attached himself to me by the hip. Something that was very unusual of him, we were engaged, we were close but this was taking it to a new level. It was an annoying close. I wasn't use to it.

"I thought you might have been hungry." Jax's voice startles me. He was now taking a seat beside me, holding two plates. "Your favourite, bacon and egg." He gives me a warm smile, holding the plate out in front of me. He had made me a toasted sandwich, of all people Jax managed to cook something? That was odd, cooking was something he never did.

"Thanks." I murmur, taking the plate from his hand, rather cautiously if I may add. This wasn't normal, this was simply strange. Jax had never treated me like this, especially not cooking for me.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Jax asks, separating the triangle cut toasty, allowing it to cool down.

"About what?" I answer, just blankly staring at the toasted sandwich.

"Anything you want, but I was especially meaning about the shit that went down in the warehouse." I sat there, continuing to stare at the toasted sandwich. Should have known that was going to be on the cards, he was sucking up to me to get information out of me. Scary.

"And what about it? There's nothing to talk about, I killed Esai! What's the issue!" I hiss.

"For starters, there is. Ethel you're my ol' lady, you are not apart of the club!" Jax exclaimed.

"Did I ever want to be apart of it? No." I return, placing the plate on the spare space on the chair beside me.

"You can't go around doing the dirty work for Samcro. I understand that maybe it means nothing to you, it's probably exactly like what you use to do. But you're my ol' lady and for christ sake you're carrying our kid, what if something happened or you got hurt or even the baby?"

I began to chew on my bottom lip, a frown creased across my forehead. He was right, not that I'd ever admit it. It wasn't like I wasn't experienced, I knew exactly what I was doing with Esai. It felt so good that it felt so bad.

"Well. Perhaps if you treated me like your ol' lady and you actually gave a damn that you're gonna have a baby, than none of this would have happened. Now, if you'll excuse me. I'm going out." I stand up from the lounge. Jax instantly grabbed my wrist.

"Where you going?" He asks, keeping me stable where I stood.

"What's it matter." I ripped my hand from his and stormed off into the bedroom. Running a hand through my hair as I opened the cupboard for some clothes, I listened as footsteps approached the bedroom. I needed to get away, I needed a breather. I knew exactly how I would too, I was going to use my bike. Something I hadn't done in quite some time.

Ripping out a pair of denim jeans and a jacket, I only took off the skirt I was wearing. I could feel Jax's eyes on me as I changed, if he could stare any harder I would have a hole through me. Once I was dressed, I grabbed a hold of my high heeled boots and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Ethel, just talk to me. Please, baby?" Jax's voice echoed as he took a seat beside me on the bed while I pulled on my heels.

"What about? You and I having a baby? Tara, who you seem awfully fond of out of nowhere? Or the fact that you didn't realise I had the fucking balls to kill someone." I snapped my attention back to Jax, I was filled of rage. The anger bubbling inside of me, the emotions, the pregnancy hormones. I was worse than a woman on her monthly's, it was scary even for me.