Chapter 55

A lump had formed in my throat, my body was frozen still. I couldn't move.

"So you're pregnant? How great. Now is it your pretty little player boyfriend, Jax's. Or is it mine like it rightfully should be?" Cheek's voice echoed. As much as I wanted to kill Cheek, I was too scared to do anything.

"Don't talk to her like that, or you'll mess with me!" Gemma warns.

"Okay bitch, try me!" Cheek growls.

Gemma goes to charge towards him but I grab her arm to stop her. I had slightly got some kind of bravery back. It wasn't much, but I was willing to do whatever it took.

Gemma looks at me puzzled but stops.

"He's mine." I whisper to Gemma.

"And don't you fucking touch her or I will kill you!" I state, turning around to face the sick arsehole.

"Oh yeah, you know I've always liked you playing hard to get. Don't you remember I told you that when I had you not that long ago." Cheek moved closer to me and touched me, making me shudder in disgust.

"Don't you fucking touch her you sleaze!" Gemma was too quick for either Cheek and I to comprehend. She had punched Cheek in the nose. It was a nice shot but Cheek was quick to backhand Gemma, knocking her to the ground of the elevator.

"Oh you just made a big mistake!" I say through gritted teeth. Now that really made me angry. I loved Gemma, I wouldn't ever let anyone hurt her, especially after everything she has done for me. But before I could do anything, Cheek had me pinned up against the wall, his hand tightly gripping around my throat.

"Gemma call Jax please!" I beg through a wheeze.

Acting as though I was struggling, which in a way I was, I tried to pull his hand from my throat.

"I see you've lost your touch Ethel." Cheek chuckled. "Looks like you already have baby brain."

"Wanna bet?" I choke out.

With that, I kick Cheek in between his legs, hoping that I had kicked that hard his privates were stuck up in his throat. I may be pregnant, and I may be terrified of Cheek, but I had too much hated to care. I was willing to kill him in this elevator, inside of a hospital.

Cheek groaned in pain, immediately letting go of my throat and falling to the ground in a heap.

I quickly stepped over him and began to slam my foot into his side. Hoping to break all of the bones in his tiny fart-arse body.

"I'll show you. You fucked up piece of crap!" I dive to the ground, saddling Cheek's hips.

"Oh baby, you know I like you like that." He squirms, his voice cracking but he had a mischievous grin plastered across his face. That only made me sick to the stomach.

"Fuck you!" I yell, throwing punches towards Cheek's face. Tears started to stream down my face as I continued to lay punches into him. I wasn't done hitting him, I was going to continue, despite having a cast on.

"Ethel stop. Jax is coming and I think this asshole is very well out of it." Gemma places her hand on my shoulder.

I stopped punching and pushed myself off of Cheek, sitting myself into the corner of the elevator. I sniffle quietly to myself as Gemma pulls out a gun from her hand bag, handing it to me.

"Always carry an extra." She smiles as I take it from her hands. Once I had one in my hands, Gemma pulled out another and pointed it down at Cheek. Keeping herself ready and cautious to what could happen when he comes to.

I bring my knees to my chest and rest the gun on my knee, my finger holding the trigger. I was ready to shoot Cheek, I wasn't worrying about the consequences if I did. All it took was the simple pull of the trigger and then all of the worries would disappear. Just like the life would in his body.

It felt like hours had gone by before the elevator started to move. Just as it did, Cheek's still body started to twitch.

"It's alright Ethel, everything will turn out okay. Don't worry, the boys will sort him out." She says kicking Cheek's side.

I just stayed completely still, staring at Cheek's body. My eyes didn't move from him once. I was just waiting for the moment, that I would have to use the gun on him. Hoping, I would have to.

The elevator came to a stop, yelling sounding on the other side of the elevator. The door suddenly jerked opened, revealing Chibs, Opie and Jax.
They all looked down at Cheek's twitching body in shock, but immediately leaping into the elevator. Jax checking if Gemma was alright as he passed his mother and wandered to me.

"Ethel, baby." Jax says placing a hand on my cheek. But I didn't look at him, I was still fixated on Cheek's body.

I wasn't there, I was still terrified that if I removed my eyes from Cheek he'd get up and either attempt to kill Jax or he'll make a runner.

"Baby, it's alright I'm here now." He pulls the gun from my hand and sits it down beside me.

Coming back from my daze, I look away from Cheek and towards Jax. My eyes connecting with his ocean blue eyes. My eyes grew watery as I tugged him down for a hug.

"Please don't leave me alone." I beg closing my eyes.

"I'm not going to leave you." He reassures, rubbing circles into my back.

"Please don't." I sniffle.

"Don't worry baby, we'll slaughter the prick." He presses his lips against my neck. I heard a noise and immediately opened my eyes.

"Jax!" Chibs yelled as Opie sprinted off after Cheek. Jax quickly let go of me and stood up, looking down at me.

"Baby, I'll be right back. You're safe, Chibs is here." He manages to say before sprinting off

"It's okay sweetheart, he's a grown man. And he's going to kill the son of a bitch." Chibs kneels down beside me and pulls me into a hug.

I bury my face into Chibs chest as he sits down beside me, keeping his arms around me.

"This shit will be over soon, don't worry." He mumbles flowing his hand through my hair.

But that was something I felt deep in my gut, that it wasn't going to happen. Nothing was that simple. Especially not in this situation.