Chapter 30

After everyone had finished having a a feed, every one left the table and continued to mingle. That included Jax. He descended down the yard and to the fence, standing with Clay, Tig and of course, Juice.

I on the other hand, decided to start cleaning up the mess on the table. Collecting up all of the plates and cutlery, I carried it inside and placed it into the sink in the kitchen. Just as I headed back outside to clean up the rest, Gemma, Donna and Mum had beat me to it. All either carrying a dish or throwing away the litter.

"Thanks, I could've done it." I gave them all a small smile. Following them back inside and in the kitchen. With a sigh, I turned on the hot water tap and allowed it to heat up.

"Here you go Aunty Ethel." Ellie and Kenny caught my attention, standing by my side, holding their empty plates and cutlery.

"Thank you." I grinned taking the plates off of them and throwing them into the sink.

"Mommy can we play?" Kenny questioned. It almost looked like they were giving Donna the 'puppy eyes'.

"Oh darling, I forgot to bring your toys." Donna face palmed, a frustrated sigh escaping her lips. "I knew I was forgetting something." Donna rested her hands onto her hips.

"How about a movie? I'm sure Jax brought around some from mine the other day." I suggested, turning off the hot water tap.

"Oh wouldn't that be good?" Donna grinned looking down at Ellie and Kenny.

"Go on into the lounge room, I'll get you's a movie to watch." I demanded, giving the two children a sweet smile.

Kenny and Ellie both gave me an excited grin, before they trudged out of the kitchen and into the lounge room.

"What can't they watch?" I questioned Donna, putting in some detergent.

"They can watch anything, as long as there's no sex or swearing in it." Donna replies, scraping the scraps into the bin.

"So can they watch a Marvel movie called The Avengers?" I suggested with a large smile.

"Sure." Donna nodded with a smile.

"Right, I'll be back soon." I excitedly hurried away.

I quickly walked off down the hallway into Jax's room. Digging into some of my belongings in a bag, what Jax had brought for me, I surprisingly found the DVD.

When I had walked into the lounge room, I found Kenny and Ellie patiently sitting on the lounge, both as silent as can be. By the looks on their faces, they were excited to watch the movie, or tv on general. Heading over to the tv, I turned it on as well as the DVD player, placing the disk into the machine.

Standing beside the tv, so that the kids could see, I waited until the movie started. Hoping it would, for the sake of the kids. Without their toys, they would have been bored out of their brains.

Clicking the play button on the remote by the tv, I couldn't help but smile as the movie started. I loved the movie, maybe a little too much. That much, I could follow it word by word.

'The Tesseract has awakened. It's on a little world, a human world. They wield it's power, but ally is working knows it's working, so that they never will learn. He's ready to lead, and our force, our Chitauri will follow. The world will be his and the universe yours. And the humans, what can they do, but burn!'

As much as I wanted to join the two kids and watch the movie, I decided to leave the lounge room and head back into the kitchen. Gemma, Donna and Mum had already started the washing up. Donna was washing and both Gemma and Mum were doing the wiping up.