Chapter 26

At the door stood a very alarmed looking Chibs. He jolted back in his step, raising his own gun back to Jax, obviously by habit.

"Shit Chibs!" Jax huffed, lowering his gun, at the same time Chibs managed to do so as well.

"It's alright Jacky boy, it's just me." Chibs sighed, placing his gun back into the holster. His face was completely covered in blood splatter. Luckily it not being Chibs' blood, it looked to be someone else's.

"What happened?" Jax stood aside, allowing Chibs to enter the house.

Chibs brushed pass me and continued walking through until he took a seat at the round wooden dining table.

Jax followed Chibs back whilst I stuck my head out the door. Right by the door laid three dead bodies, all dressed in black.

With a frown across my face, I stared in confusion. I only heard two gunshots, not three? Maybe he got two with one bullet? It was possible. Not wanting to go outside, I began to close the door, that was before I heard a noise back outside. The sound of something snapping, a stick or perhaps a twig. Noticing someone trudge towards the door, I ripped the door back open and held my knife up. Managing to bring it to the person's neck as they stopped in the doorway.

"Woah! It's just me!" Happy said looking startled, just as startled as I looked.

"Sorry Happy!" I exclaimed, removing my knife from him and taking a step back. I didn't know it was him until the light from inside reflected his face. "I didn't see that it was you!"

"It's alright, I noticed." Happy nodded, for a man with such a stern expression, he looked a little shaken up.

"Come in." I demanded, stepping aside and allowing him to take a step in.

"There were two gun shots?" I stuttered, my eyes landing on the three bodies on the ground.

"Yeah and three dudes. I got to him first." Happy gave me a smirk, the look in his brown eyes said enough to what he had done.

"Now it makes sense." I chuckled, giving him a nod.

Happy gave me a wink before he left my side and walked towards the dining room table.

Going to close the door yet again, I heard another noise which had me looking back out of the doorway. There walking in from the darkness was Juice, a very pleased smile plastered across his face.

"Hey sunshine." He winked, not waiting for me to invite him in. Instead he just walked in like it was nothing.

"Before I shut this door, is there anybody else?" I asked Juice, my attention focussed on him.

"One more." Juice nodded, taking a step aside, standing by me as he gazed back out the doorway.

Spotting another figure step over the bodies, he stopped by the doorway and gave me a smile.

"Hey baby." Tig greeted, also having blood smeared across his cheek. "Aye boys, looks like we came at the wrong time." Tig smirked, looking up and down at my appearance.

"Not really." I shook my head, biting my lip.

Tig chuckled, not looking very convinced. He shook his head in disbelief and took a step inside. "It's a good look Ethel, maybe next time wear a little less." He winked before trudging off towards the rest.

I rolled my eyes and shut the door, making sure to lock it.

"So, how are you?" Juice questioned, giving me a sweet smile. Trying everything in his power not to lower his eyes to my appearance.