Chapter 57

I sat in the lounge room staring into space, gently rubbing my arm. It felt strange to feel the skin of my arm after wearing the cast.

I glanced up at the clock, watching it slowly tick by. I swear time was taking it's time, or the clock would get stuck every so often. Either one.

Looking back down at the coffee table, I stared at a pair of keys. My bike and car keys all in one.

I needed to get out of the house, I couldn't stand it any longer. And I didn't want to go out in my car. I was craving to ride my bike. Now that I could, it was eating at me, never leaving the back of my mind. Was it safe to ride my bike being pregnant and just getting out of a cast? Why wouldn't it be, I've been riding for years. I thought to myself.

Leaping to my feet, I grasped the keys in one hand and made my way towards my room. I threw a leather jacket over my white Rolling Stone's singlet and changed my cheeky shorts to a pair of jeans. This was ought to be a change, from denim shorts to jeans, as well as going from the back of Jax's bike or my car back to my own bike. And to be honest, I was a little nervous, butterflies were fluttering around in my stomach. I grabbed my knife and its hoister, placing it onto the inside of my shoe. Now a days I couldn't be too careful, especially with all the sickos around, such as Cheek.

I made my way out of the front door over to the garage, opening up the door. There in the messy garage sat my Harley, covered in dust and spider webs. It just shows how long it hasn't been used. Debating whether to clean it before I took it for a spin, I decided I would clean it when I'd get back.

Removing most of the spider webs with a twig, making sure my steering was unlocked, I kicked up the stand and rolled it out of the garage. The tyres were down a bit, but not by much. I could always drop into the clubhouse and get one of the guys to fill it back up.

Sitting on my bike and holding my back break with my foot, I placed my keys into the ignition. Unlocking my ignition I pull out my keys and place them into my pocket. I brushed my finger against the start button on the handle bars before I pushed it in. Holding it so it would start. It struggled a few times but eventually come to life. It sounded sick, you could tell it had been sitting for a long period of time.

I sat there for a moment longer keeping up my revs hoping it would sound better over time. Eventually it did, but what would make it better would be a ride. Both the bike and I knew that, once it would go for a ride it would be alright. I grabbed my helmet from the sissy bar and shook it lightly before putting it onto my head. Safety first.

Slowly pulling in the clutch and kicking it into gear, I carefully rode around the car and out onto the road. As soon as I picked up on the gears and speed, it felt as though I had never left the bike. Riding was in my nature, I was born into a world of bikes and I would die in this world with bikes.

Feeling the wind blow in my face I grinned to myself. It felt so good, I felt as free as a bird. I missed this feeling, being free from any worries or problems for a small period of time. It cleared your mind, helped you think.

That's why when Jax would get mad at me, he'd storm off and leave on his bike. It soothed you.

After riding around Charming for what felt like an hour or so, I pulled into the clubhouse. Most of the guys stopped what they were doing and looked up to see who rode in. Some of them surprised to see me, especially back on my bike so soon.

Stopping right by the shop, I was immediately greeted by both Happy and Juice. Both with big grins plastered across their faces.

"Ethel! How you been?" Happy asks as I get off my bike.

"Pregnant and have a sicko trying to kill me, so I'm great." I giggle as he pulls me into a tight hug.

"Gotta' love it." Happy sighs as he pulls back.