Chapter 10

"Jax?" I decided to speak once again. If there was someone there, I was well and truly ready for whatever they were going to do.

"Yeah, darlin'?" Jax's voice echoed through the house. Taking a deep breath, I quickly knelt back down and hid the knife back into my boot.

I felt my entire body relax as I left the room and headed back up the hallway. Spotting Jax standing in the lounge room, looking a little confused, I flashed him a fake smile. My thoughts were still on what the noise was and deep down, I knew that whatever it was, it wasn't Jax.

"Hey, where were you just a few moments ago?" I ask, my eyes narrowing towards him.

"Me? Oh I was doing some locking up, you don't know who's around these days." Answered Jax, returning the smile.

I know that feeling, I thought to myself. I was standing in front of the men that broke into my house. So yeah, you sure didn't know who was around and up to no good.

"I'm almost done, I just came back to check on you." Jax slowly took a few steps closer to me.

"Check on me, hey?" I eyed him for a moment. Did he think I was up to no good or actually going through his belongings? I mean, I was a sticky-beak, but going through people's things? That definitely wasn't me.

"Yes." His smile increased, now showing me his pearly white teeth.

"Okay." I furrowed my eyebrows. "Did you think I was doing something shouldn't be? Like going through your belongings? Because, that's not the type of person I am." I quickly explained, probably making myself sound guilty.

"Ethel, that never crossed my mind." He frowned, looking taken back by what I had just said.

"But now, if I think about it. I would steal you. That's if you really wanna know what I would do." I smirked.

"That I did." Jax winked, passing me without another word. Again he left me on my own, going where, I wasn't sure. But this time, I decided to wait outside by his Harley. At least I knew if I was outside, I'd hear someone sneaking up on me better. Excluding the fact that fireworks were exploding all over town.

Jax POV:

I walked off to quickly turn off the lights, leaving Ethel alone once again. The reason I really checked on Ethel was because I heard a noise. That's when I got worried for Ethel's safety.

She may be able to protect herself, but that went to the back of my head. No matter if she can defend herself, I will always make sure I am there to protect her. I would die protecting her if it was necessary.

I walked down the corridor, looking in every room. I was in a position that if something happened or someone attacked me I'd grab my gun within a blink of an eye.

Every room was all clear with no one around. Leaving the house in darkness, I locked the front door, then left down to my bike where Ethel was leaning up against. She was looking in the opposite direction as me, her back facing me instead.

I slowlu snuck up behind Ethel, wrapping my arms around her waist and puilling her body against mine.

She instantly tensed up, obviously I had caught her off guard. But thankfully, she didn't react, instead she relaxed in my arms.

I couldn't help myself, I wasn't able to hesitate either, so I softly kissed her neck. The sensation was enough for her to quietly sigh. She was so god-damn beautiful, so mysterious. I loved it. I loved how she was and how she was very weary of her surroundings. 

"Ready to get back?" I whispered into her ear.

"Yeah, you?" She quietly replied.

"I don't know, I think I wanna take you to my bed." I flirt, pressing my lips against her neck once again. She was so addictive, like my personal drug. I wanted more, I wanted all of her to myself.