Chapter 49

Jax's POV:

"Jax we have a problem." Juice mumbled as I walked through the front doors of the clubhouse.

"Do I really want to know?" I brushed my hand through my hair. We had enough problems on our plate; the gun shipments with the Niners were late and believe me we were struggling to keep everything together. The Niners would've been fine if it wasn't for the Mayans stealing the shipment through the night, then exploding up the damn warehouse.

"This you definitely will." Juice looked to be struggling to walk calmly.

Clay and a few other guys headed out for the arrangement with the Niners, Clay atleast was trying to buy us some more time to restore the missing firearms. And to make matters worse, Ethel was struggling with keeping herself together. She seemed to be having emotional break downs lately, for what I am not certain. But I could only assume it has all to do with what Cheek had done to her while she was missing. With her hurting the way she was, I wanted to stay home with her to make sure she got through it alright.

I followed Juice down the corridor and into the back where his laptop sat on the table. It was half shut but light still lit up the dim room. A feeling in my gut made me feel sick, I think I had an idea to what this was going to be about.

"I had some free time last night and this morning, I've been hacking into the street camera's and all businesses around Charming and this is what I found." Juice sat in the chair and lifted up the laptop screen. It was paused on a particular face.

Looking at the face I sighed in relief it wasn't who I thought it was; it was Tara. But that didn't stop me from becoming agitated. Her hair was shorter and lighter but she looked much the same.

"What's she doing in Charming?" I growled.

I didn't want anything to do with her, she was bat shit crazy. I chased her out of town last time and I could do it again. I didn't want her back to ruin my future plans with Ethel and I knew for a fact she would try and get in the way. She wasn't like she use to be back in school, back then she was sweet and would understand. But now, she would hold a gun up to your head, jealousy, drugs and sex had gotten to her head when we were together. She thought she was it, as if the entire world revolved around her. And it definitely didn't.

"I don't know, but looks like she's rented out a house." Juice quickly typed on his keyboard pulling out private information.

"She can't come back. Not now. Not ever. I can't have her back in town." I said sternly.

"Actually she's back in her old house, but is renting it out. You think she's running from something? Or do you think she's come back for no reason."

"I don't know, but I want her out of town for good, for her to never return." I growled.

"She has also taken back her job at St. Thomas." Juice added.

"Jesus Christ! Can't something just go right for me for once in a while?" I sighed frustrated.

"I guess there's something both you and Ethel have in common, the past coming back to haunt you both. In this case your ex's." Juice chuckled.

"But as far as I know Cheek and Ethel never were something and by god if they were..." I trailed off, mumbling to myself.

"Well the good news to brighten up the day, there's been no sighting of Cheek around Charming ever since he was chased out of town." Juice look back smiling.

"Atleast I know Ethel is safe for the time being."

"So what are we going to do with Tara?" Juice questioned as he looked back at me.

"Nothing yet, we just observe and if she bothers us, we do something. But at the moment we have too many things on our plates to worry about her." I scratched my chin.

"Thanks bro." I slapped Juice on the back and walked out back into the bar when Clay and Tig walked in taking off their shades.

"How did it go?" I approached Clay.

"Shit. They're pissed. But I did spare us a few days." Clay answered bluntly.

"And what if we can't get it to them in a few days?" I questioned.

"Threatened there were going to be a few more black faces roaming the streets of Charming." Clay sat down on the bar stool taking a cigar out and lighting it.

"Shit." I shook my head.

"Baby your back! How did it go with the One-Niners?" Gemma walked in, putting her shades into her hand bag.

"It went shit." Answered Clay.

"Oh baby, that's no good. Did you manage to spare some time?" Gemma rushed over to Clay, leaning down and giving him a kiss.

"Yeah." He nodded.

"Well that's better than nothing. Jackson why do you look so down in the dumps?" Gemma raised an eyebrow as she got closer to me.

"Tara is back in town." I sighed taking out a cigerette.

"That fucking bitch!" Gemma spat fuming with anger.

"What are you going to do about it?" She questioned frowning.

"Nothing. Yet."

"Jackson Nathaniel Teller, she will have you wrapped around her little finger before you know it. You can't let it get to that stage. It could come in between you and Ethel. Believe me, I've seen this all before." Gemma rambled, only making me twice as frustrated as I was to begin with.

"It won't happen, Ma." I growled and walked pass her, exiting the clubhouse. It was my turn in the shop for the day. I was on shift with Chibs.