Chapter 48

Standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom, I stared at myself. I looked absolutely horrible. Black circles around my eyes, I was very pale, my hair looked dull and dark and i just didn't feel like myself. It had been almost a week since my family had left Charming and although I had gotten over the crying, I still didn't feel the best. Looking over myself once more, I cringed before leaving the bathroom. Walking into the hallway, I stopped in my tracks when I heard a noise in the lounge room. As far as I was aware, I was home alone. So that definitely wasn't a good sign.

Silently sneaking into the bedroom, I grabbed the gun on the bedside drawer. Despite I wasn't a gun fan and loved my knives, if it was Cheek, I wanted to give myself a fighting chance before he could lay a hand on me. So the gun was the only option. Taking it off safety, i made sure it was loaded before I left the bedroom and snuck down the hall.

Getting to the end, I jumped out of my skin when the person appeared right in front of me. Letting out a squeak, I held the gun up defensively at them.

"Shit! Ethel, it's me." The voice croaked.

Noticing that it wasn't in fact a intruder or even Cheek, I realised it was Happy. "I'm so sorry! I heard a noise and I didn't know anyone was here!" I exclaimed lowering the gun.

"Don't stress." He chuckled. "Maybe I should have knocked instead of breaking and entering." He smirked. "Anyway, since you are home. I have some things for you." He takes a step back and points to the large cardboard box and what looked to be an outline of a guitar.

"They are for me?" I asked.

"Yeah, they got delivered today. Jax was busy, so I thought I'd drop them by and check up on you. He said you haven't been your normal self lately." Happy explains, walking over to the lounge and taking a seat.

"Thanks." I gave him a smile. "Since you're here, do you wanna drink? Water? Soft drink? Perhaps a beer?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

Happy chuckled. "Your twisting my arm."

"It's not hard." I smiled.

"Yeah." He nodded. "A beer."

"Coming right up!" I quickly head into the kitchen and grab a beer from the fridge. Wandering back out into the lounge room, I handed him the beer and sat down beside him.

"Cheers." He grinned.

Sitting side by side, I gazed doen at the parcel. Noticing my name was on it, I turned to Happy to see if he happened to of had a knife on him. But as if he read my thoughts, he already held it out for me.

"Thanks." I murmured, taking it from his grasp and slicing it into the box.

"So how are you, Ethel?" Happy leaned forward, looking at me.

"I'm alright." I answered. "My arm gets sore as well as my collar bone and ribs but I can live with it. How about you?" I returned the same question, continuing to try and get into the box.

"Great, thanks. But I was also referring to between you and Jax. I know you's have been fighting lately. And Jax has been taking it bad." Happy looked down at his beer, trying not to connect eyes with me.

"Well we are sorting things out, I guess. It's just Jax is different lately and I don't know why. He has been speaking to me like I'm his enemy. For which I don't understand." I answered honestly. "And other times he is beyond amazing. I just don't know what to think." I shook my head. "Wait Jax didn't put you up to this, did he?" I realised, asking Happy outright.

"No. I was just wondering what was happening between you both. He has came to the clubhouse once or twice in a rage. He hasn't been acting normal." Happy took a sip of his beer.