Chapter 70

Luckily Clay was able to call Tig and Happy back before they got anywhere near Tara's house. This worked our fantastic, as the club could now start working on a plan. First part of the plan? Pretending like everything was all okay and normal, that meant no search parties, no threats, just day to day life. It was pretty genius, not going to lie.

The guys were pretty impressed by my idea, as they wouldn't have ever thought of something like that. They were the type who shoot first and ask questions later, so it was a different way to approach the situation. So instead of starting a war, they made it appear like it was a normal day.

The guys working in the autoshop, Gemma working in her office. Tig being Tig and of course, Jax acting like everything was grand. Me? I was being discharged this afternoon, until then I was stuck laying in a hospital bed and staring up at the TV on the wall. What I was stuck watching? Days of Our Lives. It was literally the only thing on TV and it didn't help that the remote control was missing miraculously.

Who was the poor soul stuck with me? Opie, surprisingly. I didn't really want to have Opie with me, not because I didn't want him or didn't like him, it was because I was worried. If Cheek turned up, I didn't want Opie to get hurt, not when he had two kids and a wife. I would never forgive myself if something happened to him, so that's why I wasn't keen on him being here with me. Did Opie care? No. He actually seemed quite pleased to get out of the autoshop.

"There's gotta be something better on than this." Opie sighed, pulling off his black beanie.

"If you can find a remote, that would be amazing." I turned my head to look at Opie.

"We've already been through that, apparently not one TV in this fucking ward is the same." Opie groaned. "About right, huh? As if it's not bad enough, have Clay drilling my ass at the club and when I finally get a break, I have to deal with this shit." He waves his hand up at the TV.

"Turn it off." I shrugged.

Opie let out another groan. "It's the only entertainment we have."

I furrowed my eyebrows and smirked. "Make up your fucking mind." I giggled. "You either want it on or off, simple as that. I honestly don't care either way." I kick off the blankets and swing my legs off of the bed.

"Ethel, be careful." Opie straightened up in his chair and looked at me concerned.

"Opie, I'm not a china doll. I don't break easy." I placed my feet down onto the cold hospital floor. "I'm just going to the toilet if you are that concerned, you can come and watch me pee." I walk towards the bathroom.

"That's like the third time you've gone in an hour." Opie comments with a chuckle.

"I have pregnancy to thank for that." I hummed, walking into the bathroom and closing the door behind me.

Doing a piss-poor wee and washing my hands, I walked back out into the room to see that Opie wasn't alone. He was still sitting in his chair and there stood one man wearing a white coat, which made me assume he was a doctor.

"Ethel Smith, is it?" The man questioned me with a soft smile.

"Yes." I nodded as I hopped back into my hospital bed.

"I'm Dr Smith." He chuckled slightly, obviously about having the same last name. "I'm here just to let you know, you have now been discharged."

I couldn't hide the smile as my eyes left the doctor and landed on Opie. "Thank you." I murmured.

"No problem, take care of yourself." The doctor dismissed himself before he walked back out the door.

"Thank god for that." Opie sighed with a sweet smile. "Just let me call, Jax." He goes to pull out his phone, but I stopped him.