26 : arduous

26

ardous

for the sake of the company, you were forced to be engaged with someone who has a heart that's hard as a rock.

sometimes you wondered if that person really experienced what does it feel like to love because apparently he's making things harder for you.

none of you wanted this.

try. the word you were tired of hearing from your parents. you were trying to make him love you back but he just couldn't.

the marriage started to worry you. it wouldn't be fun for the both of you especially him.

wedding wasn't planned yet but once it happens, you weren't so sure if it's going to work out. he's not going to be married with someone he loves.

but you were.

you always set aside the cruel words you heard from him and the pain he has given you, living in the house that his parents bought for the both of you made you start to have feelings for him.

you tried to cook for him, did everything that a wife would do for his husband, he never cared any of it.

it was tiring and really tough for someone like you who have feelings for him while he doesn't, not even doing the things that a husband should do.

all you ever wanted was for him to love you back or for less, just to care about you and appreciate your efforts.

but of course, you were engaged with some heartless guy like him, what do you expect? you just thought that doing your best would be enough for him.

the thing is, it wasn't.

day by day, your heart was only aching and crashing into another piece.

"do you want me to cook for your breakfast?" trying your best to smile and act like his actions weren't hurting you since from the beginning.

he didn't bothered looking at you and talk while fixing his tie.

"i asked the maid to cook for me. you don't have to."  his words were cold as ice. and painful.

you nodded and left the huge bedroom for the two of you, taking a deep breath as you felt your heart tightened.

he was eating downstairs while you took a nice bath, receiving a phone call from your mom right after.

"how's it going?"

"still the same," your voice sounded very unhappy while you're sitting on the bed with your fingers playing with the towel.

you heard her sigh.

"just try hon-"

"mom! can you just please for one day stop asking me to try because i am, okay? i did my best but it's just wasn't enough for someone that you and dad have chosen for me to be married with!"

"you know what? fixed marriage is okay with me if that what's going to please you but please choose someone who's also willing to love me back!"

"someone who finds me enough!"

your shattered heart was pounding very fast, you just bursted out. you were tired. so tired.

"honey, i am so so-"

"no mom, save it. you and dad only cared for your happiness, i'm done risking mine."

the sound of the call being ended made you sigh and wear your clothes, you wanted to visit your close friend.