44 : the letter

he was away. far, far away from where you are. it was his dream and you love him more than anything until it became also yours. hands aren't enough to count the miles how far he is from you. no matter how much he wanted to stay with you, he needed to leave for months because his job was what he also wanted.

you exited the house and the mailbox would always be the first thing you check in the morning especially through weekends and that's because you know that your boyfriend of four years had sent you a letter.

he could've sent what he wanted to say through text but since he knew how much you love handwritten letters, he makes sure to send you in his spare time.

a cup of coffee was placed on the table, the fresh air in the morning relaxed you as you opened the envelope, your hands almost shaking in excitement.

hey baby :(

if you're wondering why i drew a small sad face, it's because i won't be coming home tonight. the schedule had been moved and i wanted to tell it to you through text or call but i know that this letter will somehow lessen the weight that your heart would be feeling as soon as you read this.

i'm sorry if i don't have enough time for you even through facetime. but even though i'm far away, i hope you don't replace me with someone over there who fulfill the things that i apparently couldn't.

i hope you always keep in mind that no matter how far i am, my heart would always be with you.

sincerely forever yours,
jimin.

a tear escaped from your eye— something you didn't noticed until it dropped on the letter you were holding. you don't if it was pain or joy. you understand him but there's a crack in your heart that irritates you. it was only seconds when it starts crashing down and you feel your eyebrows knotting. he said, the last time, he'll be coming home.

your feet find its way back inside the house as you rushed inside your bedroom, slamming the door shut. you hugged the thick blanket while your tears were staining it. you were in pain and also irritated, because you miss him so much that you couldn't do anything to feel his presence— sleeping with his sweater wasn't enough.

have you received my letter already? :(

even though you didn't want to reply, you just simply said yes and turned off your phone. the headache you're feeling starts to get worse the longer you cry. as if crying for hours would get him beside you.

you sniffed, eyes looking small and cheeks looking puff when you fell asleep. you forgot that you skipped lunch and dinner, the crying exhausted you too much that you woke up in the middle of the night, feeling so comfy and somehow... light.

it was indeed dark that your eyes were wide open but you couldn't see anything. you were about to open the lamp near you but a blanket was now covering you and where your head was laying at felt different.

your heart was starting to beat in a fast pace as you moved abruptly to open the lamp which made the person slightly move from its place, rubbing his eyes with the light being on.

"jimin!" you yelled in shock. his eyelids were almost closing when he chuckled, "baby."

you rushed into his arms and you felt it rubbing your back softly. he could feel his shirt being drenched by the tears you couldn't control from flowing.

"don't cry baby. i'm already here." he spoke while brushing your hair, his voice sounded raspy. you couldn't. you were happy because you thought he really wasn't going home.

"you cried already too much." his chest gently moved that made you think he chuckled.

"how could you say so?"

"i came home- maybe two hours ago, i found you sleeping with my letter beside you." he ran his fingers through your hair before placing it on your cheek, rubbing his thumb onto it to comfort you.

"ah baby, stop. you're making my heart hurt." he said, the tone of his voice made you think he was smiling as he said it.

"i miss you so much too baby. i'm already here so stop crying."

"hey." he pulled away and grabbed both of your cheeks to make you look at him.

"stop crying. i'm here. you have me for six months." you look emotionless. you just sniffed before resting your cheek against his chest. you wanted to tell him that you don't want him to leave after those six months but you were once again tired to even speak for yourself.

"sweet dreams baby. i'm still here when you wake up. i love you."

;