37 : always been you (finale)

37

"okay, i'll just wait you here." taehyung said and parked the car in front of the coffee shop. the aroma of the surroundings felt relaxing and you feel your heart so lightly after years have passed.

you waited for ten minutes before your drink has been served and when you're about to leave the shop, you bumped into someone and gladly your drink didn't spill over his white long sleeves.

"sorry."

"wait," his voice sounded so familiar but different from the person whom you thought it was.

a man standing in front of you was taller than you, thighs are firm and your eyes slowly made its way to his face. gasping at how mature he looked that his baby face was still there but those cheeks aren't that puffy when you met him.

"y/n, i knew it was you." his chest backwards once, a smile tugging on both ends of his lips as he went closer to you while you're frozen at your place.

damn, it just felt like everything gone slow and you're at the verge of crying. after those years, the love you have for him is still there and you're sure of it. in mind, you couldn't believe that you met him once again. nothing changed when you saw him, the man standing in front of you took your breath once again.

yes, he had hurt you before but you accepted that he did. you moved on with what happened but not yet with the person. the unfamiliar pace is the way how your heart beats- something that you've never felt in anyone else but him, only him could only make you feel that way.

"hey, how are you?" the smile you showed him made his heart flutter. in fact, he didn't date anyone and for those years, the two of you have still feelings for each other. right now, it just proves it.

"good, you?" he just couldn't stop smiling widely when he didn't expect to see you alone because he thought that after those years, you have already moved on and was now in love with someone else. when actually, you are but still with the same person in the past.

"same," you plainly answered and sealed your lips in a thin line when the awkwardness went along with the air.

to break the awkward silence, you finally remembered the reunion tonight. he got interested as you tell him the address and you could tell that he still wants to talk to you but you don't want for your boy best friend to wait in the car for too long.

"i really have to go, taehyung might be looking for me as of now." his face dropped emotionless after those words came out of your lips. the name felt like a knife being pointed at him and the words coming after felt like he was just stabbed in the chest.

"so.. you guys are together?" how your face reacts made himself to be more specific.

"he's your boyfriend?" he barely said it that you couldn't tell if you heard that right. even though you're unsure of what you're going to say, you opened your mouth but the sound of your phone ringing made your lips meet each other.

"it's taehyung, i have to go. see you later." you left the shop without hearing another word from him and deep inside of you wanted for him to attend tonight. you missed him, you really do.

"it took you so long," he protested and started driving away. it's something you didn't focus your mind on but with what happened earlier. you're in the middle of a deep thought when taehyung pulled you up just to ask you what you're thinking about.

"i met him," he glanced over at you for a while with his eyebrows up.

"met who?" eyebrows still knotted when he moved his eyes back on the road.

"you know who."

"i don't know who." you don't know if you'd laugh or get annoyed if he's playing dumb with you or not.

you let him think by his own and continue what you're thinking about that's been stopped by him. a minute later, he gasped like he found out the answer.

he just parked the car and looked at you in the eyes right away like he's telling you his answer indirectly. the two of you didn't said any word but in mind, you have the same answers so you nodded and earned another gasp from him.

j i m i n

she knows i attended but i only received a few glances from her. the girls i dated in the past are here, trying to get my attention like nothing has changed. too bad for them, i only wanted y/n who's now in good hands of taehyung.

i sat on the couch and noticed how the others changed. mostly looked mature and pretty but y/n is just the outstanding one, looking so independent and more like a woman who's eyes are open in the real world and how life really works. she is the one i wanted and needed that i once had.

taehyung sat across me, his eyes trailing on the person i'm staring at. he chuckled and shook his head. i looked down, feeling anger and embarrassment fighting in me. it seems like he could read my face and sit beside me, massaging my shoulder as a comfort.

the silence is making it awkward but almost painful that i'm sitting next to the person that could be her everything. what a shame for me that i became one for once, knowing how a real man taehyung is, they really are both lucky with each other.

he watched her smile and giggle with lisa, the way he admired her is the most painful thing that i had ever witnessed. yes, i did caught them staring at each other or kissing at lisa's party- i'm not sure but the difference and reason why now is the most painful, he smiled because she's now finally his. the girl he'd been wanting to treat right is now all his, making her the happiest woman alive.

it's starting to get in me that maybe we aren't meant for each other.

maybe this is the way it's going to be.

it hurts, everything does. how i spent those years hoping that she doesn't fall in love with someone else or let someone wait for her because i told myself i'll come back for her, it all started to fade away in just one snap.

"you love her so much, don't you?" it was bittersweet coming out from my lips as i stared at my fingers, feeling so humiliated with what i did in the past.

the sad smile on my lips made it worse, it's like i'm forcing myself to accept everything.

"i did." i surprisingly looked up to meet his gaze, a smile that i can't read if it's a happy or sad one.

"but i love her as a sister though but seems like fate is just about to bring the two of you back together." heart pounding like it's about to jump off my chest. i felt so relieved, excited, overwhelmed with too much happiness, it all rushed in my veins that my hands went cold.

"what do you mean?" i heard it all right but my mind couldn't register all at once.

"sometimes even if you let go of someone, it'll come back to you if it's really meant to be yours." he shrugged looking at me with a smile.

"go ahead and approach her," he used his head to point her without breaking the eye contact with me.

"after all this time, she still loves you."

•••