September: Part 3

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Dear Friend,

Things are going well at school. I don't know how things are going to go this year, but I promise you: I will always have my grades.

Friday, September 24, 2004

Dear Friend,

Jeremy and I went to the eye-doctor for an appointment and neither of us needs glasses. What a relief.

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Dear Friend,

Brendan brought his new girlfriend over for dinner tonight. Her name is Charlotte and she's really nice. Hope he keeps dating her. I mean, come on. She was even nice to Jeremy.

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Dear Friend,

I hung out with Tessa today and she asked if I told Jason my secret yet.

"Are you crazy?" I shrieked. "I can't tell him now! He's upset with me and all over Lydia."

"What do you mean he's upset with you?"

"We kinda got in a fight about a month ago."

"Where was I?" she blurted.

"Anyway! He hardly speaks to me anymore." I proceeded to tell her the whole story.

Tessa gave me a look of utter disbelief. "Okay, so he wants to know the truth and you didn't tell him?"

"What was I supposed to say? Hey Jace, lovely weather we're having. Oh, hey, just to keep you to date: I've been in love with you for six years and I want you to kiss me?"

"There's a thought."

"Tessa! No way. Do you know what he'd do? Do you know what he'd say?"

"Do you?"

I sighed. "No."

Wonder if I ever will.

"Tell him the truth, Cassie. He needs to know. And you need to find out if you've been holding on to something right all these years."

Monday, September 27, 2004

Dear Friend,

Mom made sloppy joes for dinner and we watched an action film. It was a nice, relaxing way to unwind after school.

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Dear Friend,

Brendan and Jeremy are my brothers, and yet they're nice to me at times. They noticed I was a little down today so they took me to the mall. And even though I got these great new boots, I still feel sad. Maybe not as much. The boots help.

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Dear Friend, 

My first month of school is almost over. This coming month I'm taking health and learning not just about balanced diets or the effects of smoking, drinking or drugs. We're also learning about the human anatomy and some...well, personal things.

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Dear Friend,

Jason has his first game tomorrow. Even though he's mad at me, I still want to actually see him play.