Chapter 2

I couldn't sleep that well last night. Father really just wants to hurt me this entire time he might even have lied to me about my parents. The poison he gave me last night must have been really strong because I have a fever and I can't even get out of bed. I felt something cold being put on my forehead making me panic and shot my eyes open.

I saw Akira smiling at me "How are you feeling?" she asked with a concerned expression.

"Horrible" I groaned and relaxed knowing its Akira not him.

Akira giggled at my answer "Well you have a high fever" she then moved somewhere off to the side "Your father asked me to look after you because he has something important to do" she dragged a chair over to the side of my bed.

"I need to ask you something"

"Please don't ask me anything about the birds and the bees" she mumbled nervously.

"No it is more serious," I told her and Akira sat down and motioned for me to carry on.

"Do you think my father is a good person?" I asked her.

Akira was shocked from my question "Well..... truthfully he is a horrible man the day he appeared with you in his arms, you were only two and every night we could hear you screaming in pain from the house, but that stopped when you got older and I asked you when you were younger about it but you had no idea what I was talking about but I know he was hurting you" Akira glared down at floor "I wanted to help you but what can I do against a vice admiral" Akira says as she held my hand tightly.

"Well last night I found out he has been poisoning me since I was little and that's why I'm having this fever as well right now" I explained to her and Akira's eyes almost popped out of her head.

"Stay here," Akira told me and left the room in a hurry.

She came back sometime later with what is left of the poison he used on me yesterday, and she put it on the side I couldn't see her face because her hair is in the way. She then hugged me, and started to cry "I'm so sorry you shouldn't have gone through this if only I could do something" she hugged me even tighter.

I hugged her back "You are one of the few people who actually care about me I couldn't thank you enough for caring about a monster like me" I cried.

She pulled back from me a bit and wiped my tears with her hand "Your not a monster you have beautiful blue eyes right now" she complimented me. My eyes go blue when I'm sad and I blushed and looked down but she couldn't tell because my cheeks are already red because of my fever.

"Your eyes are now pink" she laughed making me more embarrassed because my eyes are pink when I'm feeling love.

"Arrgh!" Akira screamed moving away from me and the bed.

I looked down in my lap to see it was Lukia who caused Akira to freak out "Hi Lukia" I smiled her, and she started to wag her little tail.

"Are you okay?" she asked me while climbing up my arm to her favourite spot around my neck.

"Yeah I'm fine" I stroked her head.

"You can talk to dragons?" Akira looked at me amazed.

"Yeah, this is Lukia I found her with Law yesterday in that cave you told me about," I told her happy that she isn't freaking out anymore.

"Well she is really cute, nice to meet you Lukia" she stroked her on the head and Lukia seems to like Akira a lot.

It has a week since I found Lukia and my fever only lasted a few days. My father has been out of the house a lot but he still gives me poison every day. I'm at Akira's bar right now eating the food she made me for breakfast and Lukia flew off somewhere I hope she comes back soon.