Chapter 1

I can hear the birds are chirping waking me up from my blissful sleep, stupid birds. I groaned, reaching my hand out to my bedside table finding the matchbox, I used one of the matches to light the candle. I don't have any windows because I'm in a basement, I got out of bed, put on my clothes and cloak.

I looked in the mirror, I hate my eyes they change colour based on my emotion but no one else has eyes like mine and everyone freaks out or calls me a monster when they see them, so I use the hood of my cloak to hide my eyes, I also have long light brown hair that goes to my mid back.

My adoptive father told me he got my cloak from my real mother it's completely white and never gets damaged and it has grown over the years, so I can still use it. It's very weird but I love my cloak it helps hide the parts I hate.

Somehow I am so strong that I can break trees with my bare hands by punching them, I'm only 6 so it's a bit, no very weird. I wear a red shirt, black shorts and my shoes are black trainers with a white bottom. Once I was pleased with my appearance I went upstairs, my adoptive father is making food.

My father has light blonde hair and bright blue eyes nearly every women finds him attractive, but he has never dated anyone. He said I was given to him when I was little by my mother he says he doesn't know anything about her, not even her name.

"Your up already princess" He smiled at me using the same old nickname.

"Yeah the birds wouldn't shut up," I said annoyed while rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"Are you gonna eat at Akira's bar or here?" He asked me.

"Akira's food is better," I say as I run to the door.

"Okay and when you come back I will give you your medicine."

"Okay" I sighed the medicine he uses is in a iv bag that looks like a purple liquid, he puts a needle in my arm so it goes into my blood it hurts a lot and I almost died from it once, but he said it was just my disease reacting to it for the first time.

I don't even know what disease I have but adults know best right?

I made sure my hood is up before I left and I walked to the bar, the kids in this village keep their distance from me so do most adults. We live in a small village so everyone knows each other.

I entered the bar and sat at my usual spot on the stall at the end of the bar, Akira walked over to me to stand in front of me smiling she has orange hair that goes to her shoulders, and she has lime green eyes.

"How is my favourite customer?" She teased.

"Tired" I whined and put my head down on the table in front of me.

"Well this should help" She pushed something to my left and I twisted my head to the left and there it is my favourite food a strawberry tart.

"THANK YOU!" I exclaimed probably scaring some of the people in the bar but I didn't care.

After I finished my food Akira came over with a worried expression on her face and a drink for me "Do you have more scars?" She whispered while pointing at my right wrist.

"Yeah" I answered quietly, I get the scars from those needles father puts in my skin for my medicine.

I noticed the time and downed my drink nearly choking on it, I ran to leave but first I waved goodbye to Akira "Make sure you say hi to him for me" she shouted.

"I will he probably won't care though" I shouted back.

"Yeah, he is a very emo kid" She commented making me giggle. I left and ran all the way to the usual spot in the woods and I found him there glaring at the ground as always.