Chapter 4: Blood Of The Rose

Lights were dancing around the walls of the club, and people were grinding against each others bodies, loud music was pumping so loud my ears were ringing, I could feel the bass from the music making the walls and the ground shake.

Lissa, Mia and I were practically inhaling our drinks. Mia pursuaded me to get out and have some fun-meaning sex. I didn't plan on having sex tonight, I was too wound up with Dimitri. I was already feeling better since we got here though. The alcohol was doing wonders, and the music inspired me to have some fun and let losse

Maybe just a little fun wont hurt, I could just make out with someone, no sex. I spotted a man checking me out in the corner of the room, he had a dark rugged look about him, from what I could tell he had dark shaggy hair, and he was tall maybe 6 foot two and very pale, and he was a little on the muscular side.

I gave him my best maneater smile, and he returned a darker more sinister smile, letting me know exactly how much fun he was prepared to have.

"Ladies, I'll be back"I muttered. They looked at me confused as I made my way towards him.

"Hey sexy" I purred, flashing another maneater smile.

"Well hello, and who may I ask are you" His voice was rough, for whatver reason he avoided eye contact.

"Rose, and you?" He smiled again, that wondful sinister smile-Making me wonder all the things we could get up, the things he would do to me.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful lady, the names Nathan. Now why dont we finish this in the alley" he seemed eager, but some instinct within me was screaming it was wrong, dangerous even. I felt sick to my stomach.

"Ok" I whispered hoarsely.

He didnt waste anytime, he roughly took me by the hand and led me out to a dark alleyway.

When we got to the alley it was so dark, I could hardly see anything. My gut was still screaming at me to leave now. Suddenly I was slammed into a wall, and Nathan's ice cold lips covered mine in a rough urgent kiss. His lips were slightly rough, and he had a metallic taste. He parted my lips with his and pushed his tongue into my mouth, His metallic taste overwhelming me.

He grabbed my hands and lifted them above my head and held them there with one hand. I heard him groan at the back of his throat. Then he looked me in the eyes, revealing his red rimmed eyes, before I could scream he punched me hard against my jaw. I saw his fangs elongating, and heading for my now exposed throat, this time I screamed so loud I was sure someone would hear me.

This was a Strigoi, and I needed to kill it somehow. I remembered all of Dimitri's training, before the Strigoi could punch me again, I get out of his grip, and I manage to block his punch using one of Dimitri's techniques, then I rammed my fist into his stomach.

"Take that fucker!" I screamed.

Suddenly I was winded on my back, he had pushed me on to the ground. He growled, before he clamped a hand over my mouth before I could scream again.

He took a knife out of who knows where, my eyes widened before I knew what he was going to do. He plunged the knife hard and deep into my right thigh. It was the worst pain I had ever felt, my thigh was shooting with pain and my muscles were burning excruciatingly. I could feeling thick blood running down my thigh, spilling in to the ground, creating a puddle.

I heard the Strigoi released a deep throated laugh, he got up and furiously lifted me up by my shoulders and threw me at the wall. I was to tired to speak or cry for help, but I managed to croak Dimitri's name knowing he wouldnt hear. My vision was fading, I knew I was going to die here.