Chapter 8: Blood and Battles

"Rose, I'm telling you this because I trust you" I gulped, this couldnt be good "The group and I are going to take down a Strigoi base. We believe our nemesis Victor and Tasha are hiding out there" Dimitri face was set hard.

"And I'm coming with right?" I could hardly contain my excitement, but when Dimitri disnt respond right away I knew he would take this away from me "Dimitri?".

"No Rose, you will not come with. I wont tell you where either because I know you, you will follow us" I gritted my teeth, he would really so this?

"Dammit Dimitri dont do this!" I slammed my hands down on the table making the bowl of cereal rattel. I knew I was going to get no where here so I started to leave, before I could go Dimitri wrapped a hand around my arm to stop me.

"Dont go Rose, its too dangerous and you havent completed your training" Dimitri's face was stern and hard.

I ripped my arm away and left.

I was sitting at Starbucks waiting to get some answers about this Strigoi attack, and whoever Tasha and Victor were. When a brown haired vampire walked in with the brightest emerald eyes. When he caught sight of me he sat down across the table from me, and gave me one of his wicked smiles.

"Adrian, you need to tell me where theyre going tonight" I demanded.

"Hello to you to" He mumbled, and shook his tousled styled hair.

"Please Adrian, I need to know" I begged

He released a huge sigh, and shook his head again.

"You are going to be the death of me" Adrian muttered "The Strigoi base is in Caldwell New York, I will text you the full address tonight".

I started to get up and leave but Adrian grabbed my arm to stop me.

"You will need this" He smiled and handed me a silver stake.

"Are you kidding!" I squealled, and snatched the stake off him.

"I know you need proper protection, and you need it more than i do. You aim for the heart here" He pointed to a place on his chest "And you need to really stake them hard to get through all that bone and flesh" He said looking proud of me.

"Thank you Adrian!" I screamed and hid the stake in my jacket and left to get back to work.

"Stan there something you should know" I told Stan my boss. This was one of the most difficult decisions of my life, this was supposed to be my life.

"Yes honey, what is it?" I said to Stans back, he probably wasnt expecting me say what I was about to say.

"I'm quitting" I gulped "There are things going in in my life, and I just dont have the time for modeling" Stan turned around slowly, and smiled.

"Thats ok, you can take time off and come back when everything is sorted out" I wasnt expecting that. Even though I knew I may not be coming back I just nodded and left, needing to get home to prepare for the Strigoi attack.

I pulled on some short jean shorts, a black singlet and a holster for my stake. I pulled on some combat boots and tied my long hair into a tight bun. I took a deep breath and prepared myself for what was about to come. A Strigoi attack, I hadnt been fully trained but I knew enough on how to survive one. My phone beeped and I knew it was the address of the Strigoi attack, I memorised the address and got into the car, put the address in the GPS and drove off.

I was in Caldwell just outside the warehouse where Tasha and Victor-Whoever they were-were hiding out at the Strigoi base. I was waiting for Dimitri and the rest of the group to get here for back up.

When I finally saw a black escalade drive silently by the waehouse and stop just outside, men jumped out the car. They were armed with daggers, stakes, and guns. I gulped, intimidated by there large bodies and weapons.

I found a back way into the warehouse I silently opened the door and winced as it let out a small creak. I heard footsteps and quickly hid behind a table, next minute I heard a loud bang and gun shots, I assumed Dimitri and his men had entered the warehouse. I jumped up and grabbed the stake out of my holster and staked the closest Strigoi, it let out an ear piercing scream as the stake impaled his heart.

That only brought more Strigoi to me, I quickly ran to the next room to find three more Strigoi. One looked very skinny and had pale blonde hair, the second was skinny as well with saggy brown hair, and the third had ash blonde hair and had more muscle. I quickly got into a fighting stance, the blonde Strigoi attacked first but I quickly position my stake to pierce his heart, as it did the Strigoi let out a loud gasp. I pulled my stake out and he dropped on the floor, the ash blonde Strigoi atacked next, he tackled me to the mats and dug his long sharp nails into my shoulders I whimpered trying to shrug off the sharp pain I kneed him and he rolled off me quickly. The brown haired Strigoi was holding a dagger, he lunged for me and he was too fast for me too dodge I tried to move away but his dagger dug into my thigh and I screamed in agony as it carved down my thigh. I collapsed on the ground shaking in pain and clutching my thigh, I whimpered as blood poured down and started to make a puddle around my leg.

I shakily got up and faced the Strigoi and taking a chance I held up my stake and threw it with everything in me trying to aim my best at its cold shriveled heart, I closed my eyes and as I heard it release a furious scream I knew I had got lucky. I opened my eyes to find the Strigoi on the ground. Dead.

I quickly ran up to the Strigoi and pulled the stake out of its chest and walked back to the ash blonde Strigoi and ounched it across the jaw, I heard him grunt and I quickly kicked him down and shoved the stake threw his black heart, and smiled as I heard him scream.

I quickly ran out the room to the next in hopes of killing more Strigoi, I quickly found Mason fighting a Strigoi I ran up behind the Strigoi and staked him from behind. When the Strigoi screamed and fell, Mason looked surprised to see me here.

"What the hell are you doing here Hathaway?" He shouted "Does Dimitri onow youre here?" He death stared me.

"No he doesnt, and please dont tell him. Pretend you didnt even see me" I smiled, his eyes traveled down to my thigh.

"What the fuck happened to your leg?" He shouted again, I looked down and blood was quickly seeping down my leg and suddenly I felt dizzy and weak.

"Nothing, I'm fine" I said quickly and ran off before he could say or do anyting more.

I quickly ran out into what seemed like some spy base, there were cameras everywhere and it was empty I saw one man, he was old.

"Hey, who are you?" I asked, curious as too why he wasnt fighting eith the others. The old man spun around and glared at me, he charged up to me his hand balled into fists.

"What are you doing here? No one is supposed to be here!" He shouted, as he got closer I could tell he was Strigoi which meant I had to kill him.

"No way Buster" I quickly said, I raised my fist and punched him. I smiled as I heard the satifying sound of his nose breaking.

"Bitch!" He snarled and lunged at me, he knocked me to the ground and my stake rolled away.

My head had hit the ground hard when he had pushed me down, everything was a blur to me. I saw a long sharp thing next to me, I couldnt see properly everything was bluring. I saw a dark blur, and assumed it was the old Strigoi he was standing right next to me. Suddenly I felt pain stretching all over my stomach and I realised he was kicking me in the stomach repeatedly.

When he finally stopped, I spat out blood. My head was pounding and I couldnt feel my leg, all in all I felt like hell. I spotted the long sharp thing again and quickly rolled over to pick it up and realised it was a sword, I got up and saw the old Strigoi's back facing me. I walked up behind him and held up my sword about to cut his head off when I heard a loud bang, and I couldnt feel anything. I quickly swung the sword as hard as I could and cleanly cut off the old Strigoi's head.

Seconds later I found myself on the ground, I felt extremely cold. My whole body was raking with shivers, but I found myself looking into the most chocolatey brown eyes and now that Dimitri was here I felt it was ok to sleep. I knew I was going to die but now that Dimitri was here I felt more peaceful. So I slept.