Chapter 38: Caldwell Mansion

Lissa's POV:

I rolled over, waking from my slumber. I reached over to snuggle closer to Christian; his body warmed mine in every respect.

"Lissa" He whispered, "I have a surprise for you" He told me, his crisp clear blue eyes sparkled in excitement, something told me this 'surprise' would benefit him too.

I squealed in excitement and leaped out of bed. I opened my wardrobe and browsed through my clothes, finally I found an acceptable outfit-a pretty light pink dress, and a pair of white wedges. Christian had just come out of the shower and realized I had only now discovered my outfit for today. He shook his head in exasperation and took only seconds to find an outfit for himself; I took my clothes and headed for the shower. Once I showered, dressed and applied my makeup I was ready to go.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked Christian for the nineteenth time, and he just shook his head and led me into an exquisite garden. We walked about the garden for what must have been thirty minutes until Christian stopped suddenly and got down on one knee, at first I assumed he had to tie a shoelace but when he took out a small black box and faced me, I gasped.

"Lissa, I know we've only known each other a few months but I cant help that I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you" Christian looked nervous, his hands shook slightly and his voice seemed slightly shaky.

"Yes" I whispered immediately, what else could I say? I loved this man with all my heart and I could only dream of spending the rest of my life with him.

"What?" He asked shocked, his eyes were wide with surprise.

"Yes!" I screamed and threw my arms around him and tackled him to the ground.

His lips found mine in the most utterly sweetest, heavenly kiss. I felt the small ring slowly wrap around my finger, and I couldn't have felt happier in that moment.

Roses POV:

I fell out of bed when I heard an Earth shattering scream.

"What the hell?" I muttered groggily, slowly raising my body off the cold floor and it didn't help that I was naked from last night's activities.

I slipped on Dimitri's V-neck t-shirt, and some of my sweatpants and slipped soundlessly out the door to inspect.

Lissa and Christian seemed to have just arrived back at the mansion from wherever they had been, and Lissa was now racing up the stairs appearing to head straight for me.

"Morning Liss" I greeted tiredly rubbing my eyes.

"Christian proposed" She squealed, her jade green eyes were bright and lively.

"That's great Liss, congratulations" I grinned, after all the stress she had been through I was so grateful for her happiness.

Lissa threw her arms around me and squeezed the life out of me.

"Thanks Rose, we're going to have so much fun planning this wedding" She squealed and let me free of her death squeeze and raced back to Christian. I let her be with Christian and I walked back to Dimitri's room

Dimitris POV:

I heard Lissa talking animatedly to Roza from the other side of the door. I got up and dressed, we had an appointment to inspect the mansion today. Roza came back in the room, I caught her eye and she gave me a cheeky smile before grabbing a pair of clothes and changed for our appointment. It only took thirty minutes and we were already walking out the door.

"What did you think Comrade?" Roza asked as we walked around the Caldwell mansion, it was quite unique and exactly what we were looking for.

"I think I love it" I smiled at her, and just the look in her eyes told me she adored this place.

"I love it too. And I think everyone else will love it too" Roza almost squealed like Lissa I could see the excitement clear in her eyes.

"We'll take it," I said to the lady giving us a tour of the mansion, she nodded in approval.

I had to sign a bunch of contracts shortly; it was now official-we were moving. It wasn't the best option to move to somewhere close to New York, and I could see Roza's point in this and wasn't there a saying that went along the lines of 'the best place to hide is in plain sight'.

When we arrived back at the mansion I couldn't help noticing how great Lissa and Christian looked together, and how much they loved each other. Anyone could see how much they loved each other, it was so apparent in their eyes, and their voice. It had me realizing how much I loved Roza and how badly I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. I took a glance a Roza and imagined her walking down the isle to marry me, she would be mine and I would be hers. My heart beat wildly at the thought, and this was the first time I ever thought about marrying Roza, and just how badly I really wanted to marry her. I thought about it a while longer and decided I would go ring shopping tomorrow for Roza's engagement ring, and just hopefully she would accept my proposal.