Chapter 30: A Powerful Bond

Dimitri's POV:

I frowned as I opened my eyes, realizing I was tied to a chair. Brilliant. I struggled and pulled at the ties, unable to free myself of the rope. I growled furiously. I absolutely had to get back to where my heart belonged- with Roza- and though it was definitely a complication, being tied to this pathetic chair would never stop me from returning to the woman I love.

Sweated beaded my brow and my hair was damp and greasy as I made a great deal of noise grunting and pulling at the ropes trying unsuccessfully to free myself. A loud creak sounded from somewhere in front of me and I stiffened. I couldn't see anything-everywhere was pitch black, but I knew someone had entered the room. The air had changed and become vengeful, hateful- I could practically smell it thick in the air.

"Dimitri Belikov" A dim light slowly lit the room, revealing the speaker-Victor Dashkov. Quickly I noted I was being kept in what appeared to be an old basement; the floor was cement and the walls were dark brown wood. I had been in a lot of unpleasant places-this was by far the worst.

"Victor" I growled. He was the man at fault for parting me from my Roza. He would pay. Tasha walked in from the old dark wooden door, flashing me a rather sinister smile. My hands curled into fists, nd I practically screamed for an outlet to my anger.

"Having fun?" She asked rhetorically. The air around Tasha radiated hate and anger, and pure evil among all things.

"What the fuck do you think?" I snarled, and she only smiled. Once I was free I promised myself I would do torturous things to Tasha and Victor, and this time, even Roza would not part me from my revenge.

A single Strigoi arrived with a tray covered with a simple white cloth. I knew only one thing- whatever it was, it would be bad.

"Victor here needs to relieve his revenge for Robert" Tasha whispered in excitement.

"I will avenge Robert" Victors eyes grew glassy but he shrugged it off and his eyes glowed a brighter red than ever with rage. With superhuman effort I swallowed more curse words.

"Fine. Go ahead" I dared him, raising an eyebrow.

Victor tore off the white cloth from the tray, revealing rows horrific equipment. They weren't kidding when they said they were to get revenge, and I almost regretted what I said, but I never wanted them to view me as weak. And so they began with the torture...

Roses POV:

On some kind of autopilot, I numbly made breakfast. I had made a promise to myself that I would never allow myself to feel any sadness or pain nor loneliness, so ta da-I managed to numbed myself out. I felt nothing anymore and that was exactly what I needed. I took both solace and advantage of the quiet in the mansion, Lissa and Mia had left early this morning to shop, and everyone else was asleep. I brought the food over to the dining table to eat when a wave of pain radiated throughout my entire body. I collapsed to the floor, unable to hold in my screams of pain as I writhed. It felt like knives gouged my skin to the bone, my stomach felt nauseous, and my head felt like it would explode. I clutched my stomach with one hand and the other clutching one side of my head.

Eddie came running towards me, seeming thoroughly panicked, and concerned. I couldn't blame him, I probably sounded like an animal dying.

"Rose! What's happening?" Eddie shouted in worry.

"I don't know!" I screamed, and suddenly my vision blacked out and I was somewhere else, I was someone else- I was Dimitri. His body was covered in thick blood; Victor leaned over him carving his skin to shreds slowly and deeply. Tasha hung an IV bag over his left arm, prodding a needle into his vein-I knew that wouldn't be good.