Chapter 9: Blood and Battles 2

Dimitris POV:

I had almost killed all the Strigoi I had one more-Victor-I ran into the last room I hadn't searched, assuming it was Victor's and what I saw broke my heart.

Roza held a sword above her head ready to cut Robert's-Victors brother- head off, but then another shot rang out. I saw Roza stumbled from impact of the gunshot but she still swung the sword with strength I had witnessed from her, and I saw as Roberts head fell to the ground.

I saw her body convulsing on the ground there was blood every where on her. It was heartbreaking to know she had been hurt this bad, or at all.

I ran up to her, I was at her side in seconds trying to calm her. I took her in my arms trying to comfort her the best way I could, she coughed a couple of times, and blood ran out her mouth, down her jaw and neck. I couldnt tell if it was me or if she was fading but she started to calm and she stopped shaking. I saw her eyes slowly closing, and a sigh passed her lips. I wanted to shout NO! To Roza but nothing would come out, I wanted to beg her not to leave me but I couldnt open my mouth and I knew she wouldnt be able to help it.

There was only one thing I could think might help, I picked her up in my arms and took her into another room, and closed the doors allowing us privacy. I quickly found a first aid kit, and quickly started patching her up. I winced as I saw her thigh, she had a large cut there like someone had stabbed her and started carving her. I moved on to the gunshot wound it was on her stomach, I stitched it up as well and cleaned all the blood off her.

Her heartbeat was fading, slowing down fast. She had lost too much blood, I had a plan but it wouldnt work one hundred percent, I had to do it now or she would die, there was no time to make it back to the mansion. I quickly got out a dagger and slit my wrist, before it healed I put it in her mouth hoping that would help. Giving her my blood would only keep her alive, it wouldn't turn her into a vampire. I dont think Roza would be ready for that.

It had been a few minutes and I hadn't felt anything from Roza, her heart rate wasnt going any faster. Maybe she was going to die here tonight, how did she get here anyway? How did she know this was were the Strigoi base was? Suddenly I felt Roza's lips tighten against my wrist and she started slurping, she took greedy pulls at my wrist I didnt pull away, I would give her everything if she needed it. I let her take it and she didn't pull away, I started to feel weaker and I knew I should have been pulling away now, but I wanted to give her as much as I could if it would keep her alive. I was about to pass out when Roza let go of my wrist.

Now that I knew she was safe and healthy again, I took her in my arms again and picked her up and carried her into the car. Everyone was already waiting inside the car, I laid Roza on the front passenger seat and started driving back to New York City.

I felt like we had driven to hell and back, after driving for what felt like an eternity we were finally back at the mansion. I quickly picked Roza up and carried her to my room, I laid her down on my bed and covered her in blankets. I shut the curtains so the room was surrounded in complete darkness.

I climbed into bed with her hoping to get comfort out of knowing she was safe, but the only thing that kept nagging me was knowing that she could have died tonight and I never would have know what it would be like to have Roza as my girlfriend, or have ever made love to her again. To never feel that soft luscious skin, and her soft floral scent, or have her under me beneath the sheets haunted me. Roza was right, she was already in danger, dating me would make no difference. There was no reason for us to not be together, I could see her reasoning more clearly now she would be safer when she was with me.

Roses POV:

I screamed as I replayed the images of my nightmare again, Dimitri, Adrian, Mason and everyone else dead on the floor of the Strigoi base. I bolted upright in bed, my body was shaking in fear and I was sweating furiously.