Chapter 4

"I'm sorry" he said. "Sorry's not good enough this time Nath, it's been 2 years. 2 years I heard nothing from you. We were best friends. We went through everything together. You were the only person who cared about me. Well i thought you cared about me. Everything that was going on with my mom you would comfort me and make me feel like I was actually wanted in this world. I had no one else. If It wasn't for you then I probably wouldn't be here and then you left. You just walked out of my life and didn't look back. Nathan why, why did you do it" I cried tears running down my cheeks.

"I did care about you. I still do you were my best friend. of course I cared about you. We've knew each other for 14 years. I wanted to call you everyday. I wanted you to come and live in London with me, it wasn't my choice not to contact you. Please forgive me I miss you bb" he said. Of course it was his choice. He was 16 he made all his own choices.

"Well who's choice was it then. All you had to do was pick up your phone and there you would have called me and if you wanted me to live in London with you why didn't you ask me" I shouted even more emotional than before but getting angrier by the minute.

He stood up "I can't tell you, I want to but I can't, I promise you it wasn't my choice you have to believe me"

"You also promised to keep in touch and you never did. Why should I forgive you when all your doing is lying to me. I thought I could trust you with my life but your just like everyone else in my life. The only people who have been there for me is Karen and Jess. I told karen to never mention me when you came home and while you stayed at your house I stayed at a hotel. There was 2 beds in Jess's room because I lived there. Not because jess's friends stayed around a lot like you were told. Karen and Jess where my only family after you left" I cried again.

"I swear to you I'm not lying. You know me better than anyone and you should know when I'm lying or not. Come on bb please just forgive me" he cried walking closer to me.

"How can I forgive you when you can't even tell me why you never called" I said quietly.

I heard a cough come from the direction of the door I turned my head to see my band mates and his band mates all standing there looking confused and worried.

"Erm we heard shouting and came to see what it was" Parisa said awkwardly.

"Sooo, im guessing you two know eachother" Tom added.

"I thought I knew him" I said glaring at Nathan.

"Well bets, were on in 10 we need to get ready" charlie told me. I nodded. "Nathan was just leaving" I turned back to him and said.

"Bb please" he begged. "Don't call me that anymore, just go"i said and he stared at me for a few seconds and turned to leave. "Come one Nath" max said slinging an arm around his shoulder as he started crying.

Once he was out of sight I burst out into tears and Mikey opened his arms. I ran into them and we all ended up in a massive group hug. But there one thing that was bugging me. He's right I do know when he's lying and just then I could tell he wasn't. I wanted to know who stopped him talking to me and I was going to find out!

Nathan's POV

I sat on the sofa of our dressing room in tears. "Nath, are you ok mate" max asked playing with my ears. I couldn't even speak I just shook my head. I wasn't ok. My best friend. The girl I had been in love with since the age of 10 but never told her just said that she hated me and that she would never forgive me. I could tell her the truth but that could put her in danger. That's the last thing I want.

Jay walked over to me with a cup of tea and I smiled. I took the tea and sipped it just as I heard who I was guessing was Parisa starting to warm up. I smiled when I heard betsy singing. She was always an amazing singer we were named the best male and female singers in our school.

"Nath, what happened. You never told us about her" Seev said.

"I did, I just never called her betsy. She's bb, the one I always talked about for the first year of the band. Only max had met her and that was only for a few minutes. we were best friends for 14 years. When I asked if someone could move to London with me I was going to ask her. But I had to ask her mom. Her mom didn't really care about her. She didn't care about anyone but herself. I asked her while bb was out and I told her that I was in love with betsy. Which I still am just to add. She flipped out at me. She never wanted betsy to be happy. Her moms boyfriend used to be in jail for assault. Her mom said that if I even tried to take betsy with me or even talk to her after I left she would get him to hurt betsy and me. I don't really care about him hurting me but she's been through enough and I just wanted to keep her safe" I said tears coming down my cheeks.

I looked around the room to see a mixture of worried, sad and proud faces.

"I'm sorry to hear that nath but I'm proud of you for what you did to keep her safe. I remember when I came to pick you up and she was there to say goodbye. You don't stop hugging for 10 minutes and when we got in the car you just looked back at her till we got to the end of your street. You knew that was your goodbye didn't you" max smiled with sympathy. I nodded not letting anymore tears fall. "Her mom and her boyfriend ain't together anymore but I'm still scared to tell her the truth" I said.

"You need to tell her mate. If you really love her that's the only way you're going to get her back" tom said patting my back. I nodded and went to stand at the side of the stage to watch OTY perform

__________________________

So you know why Nathan didn't contact betsy now.

Ok so if you don't know who Betsy is or who Only The Young are they are a British band who are taking part in The XFactor this year. Go check them out on YouTube or you can find them on twitter @OTYOfficial or on Instagram which is Betsy_oty, charlie_oty, parisa_oty and mikey_oty and OTYOfficial. Also on Facebook.

The reason i chose betsy is because her and Nathan are close friends in real life and I think they would make a cute couple. Also I love OTY so much and always have.

Anyway comment and vote.

Stay beautiful

Anna xx