Chapter 34

Me, Nath and Jess left the house at half 8 and got into Nath's car. Jess usually walks to school but today we are taking her. After a 20 minute drive, we drove through some large gates where many kids were even walking through, outside or in side. Nath parked the car and we all got out as people stared at us. I laughed a little at the expression on peoples faces.

I looked up at the big building. It didn't look old it looked quite modern.
"Betsy, Nathan it's really good to see you again" a voice said from in front of me. "It's good to see you too Mr.Smith, obviously you know about Betsy's condition" Nathan answered for us.

"Yep, of course, I must say I was really upset when I heard about your accident, a lot of the teachers were always talking bout you" he smile towards me. i didn't really know what to say so I just smiled at him.

"Let's go to the theatre, there's a teachers assembly in 5 minutes, you can go and say hello to them". we nodded and followed Mr.Smith through the school entrance.

As we walked through the school many people said hello to us and some asked us for pictures until Mr.Smith told them there would be a opportunity to meet us later and with that they walked away and left us alone.

"I'm actually really glad you came to visit today" he told us as we walked down a long corridor.
"whys that" Nath asked him.

"its the school talent show today and i was wondering if you two would maybe perform for us" he pleaded looking us both in the eye.

"well we could, it depends on what songs betsy knows" Nath said looking at me.
"i know, ill always remember you" i told him. he looked me with a mixture of shock and confusion.

"when you sang it at the hospital i took note of the lyrics and when we went home i found my song book and i found the lyrics so i learnt it and i was going to surprise you because you've been so down lately and i feel like its my fault" i told him looking him straight into the eye.

"Ermm, sir can i talk to betsy in private for a while, we will come and join you in a moment" he asked.

"sure you can, there will be two seats at the front for you" he told us and i smiled and thanked him.

once he left i looked at Nathan to see him already staring at me.

"bb, its not your fault that i haven't been myself. yea I'm upset that you cant remember anything because i love you more than anything and just want everything to be back to normal buts its not your fault. If anything its mine. I brought Dionne into our lives so its my fault. It hurts me more to see you in pain Every Time you have a memory and i promise that i will wait as long as it takes"

A tear slid down my cheeks as he said those words. He was the sweetest person ever and i don't know what id do without him.

I really didn't know what to say to him so i wrapped my arms around his neck and his slid around my waist.

"Im so glad i have you to help me through this. i know I've said it before but it really does mean everything to me" i told him.

"i know" he smiled.

He held my hand as we walked through the familiar looking doors to enter the theatre. Inside it was purple with many rows of seats. Me and Nath walked and sat in the two seats.

"as i was saying we have our school talent show today and Nathan Sykes and Betsy-Blue English have agreed to perform" he said looking at us. claps were heard around the room and we looked around and smiled.

"now Nathan is a member of the boyband The Wanted and are extremely successful in the UK and US and Betsy is a member of a new up and coming band called Only The Young who auditioned for Xfactor this year but unfortunately had to pull out due to Betsy being ill but hopefullly everything will be back to normal for her soon"