Chapter 3

We have our first live performance today in front of an audience. Were performing at Rochester. In front of over 1000 people. I'm really exited but nervous and oh I left out the best part. Guess who else is performing there. That's right The Wanted. What a great day this is going to be. (Note the sarcasm). I'm actually terrified. I've decided I'm going to stay in the dressing room till our performance. Then after the performance wait in the dressing room for the others and then go home.

I don't want to see him. I'm angry at him. I have been for 2 years. Maybe if he'd of called me every week or even every month we could still be friends but no he completely forgot about me.

Our tour car pulled up at the backstage entrance and some of our fans were waiting. They had banners saying good luck and things like that. We had over 15 thousand followers on twitter now and our fans were amazing. They called there selves youngsters and gave us all the support in the world.

Once we'd said hi to all the fans we walked through the entrance and to the dressing rooms. Even better. Our dressing room was next to there's. We had to walk past there open door to get to the stage. Could life get any worse.

"Betsy, were going to meet The Wanted you coming" Charlie asked.
"Ermm no i feel tired I'm going to have a lie down" I smiled they all nodded and left to go next door.

Nathan's POV

We were performing at Rochester today and guess what. So we're Only The Young. I'm so happy. I finally get to see bb again. My bb. I was the only person that called her bb. She never let anyone else. I remember this boy that liked her was jealous of me cause we were so close. So he tried to be me. He called her bb and she slapped him and told him never to say it again. I smiled at the memory when I felt fast air hitting my face. I blinked and saw jay waving a hand in front of my face.

"God Nath, pay attention we have guests" jay moved out the way and there stood Only The Young, but she wasn't here. Where is she. I looked around to see if she was talking to any of the other boys but she wasn't.

I said hi to them and listened to there convo with jay and seev but I really wanted to know where bb was. "Not trying to be rude or anything but isn't there 4 of you" I asked. mikey laughed. "Yea, betsy-blue. She's in the dressing room she said she was tired which is weird considering she went to sleep at 8 last night" he told me. I nodded so she was next door. I needed to go and see her. I decided I would. I snuck out of the dressing room and went to get a drink first.

Betsy's POV.

I just looked in the mirror sorting out my outfit. I'd been doing this for the past 15 minutes. I was really nervous now. Scared I was going to see him and nervous because we were on in 1 hour.

I sat down and started warming up my voice doing the high notes and the low ones. I always did the vocal warm ups me and Nathan did in school. He always said that you must warm up like this whenever your performing. I starting singing my parts in the songs we were singing. Bad Influences, Into You which we wrote our selves and we were also singing Roar by Katy Perry of course.

Once I finished the warm ups I got a phone call. "Hi Karen" I smiled. "Hey bets, I heard your doing you first performance today" she said. I smiled. "And let me guess who you heard that from, Jess of course" I laughed. "Of course she like stalks your twitter" she said and I laughed. "To be honest I think she was the first person I followed" I laughed. "So have you seen Nathan yet, he's performing there too" she said seriously.

"Karen I know he's your son and everything but I've already told you I don't want to see him. You know how much I cried when he left and he just didn't even bother to call me to say hi. I'm trying my best to avoid him. The rest of my band have gone to meet The Wanted but I stayed back. None of the others know about Nathan and I would like to keep it that way, I hate him" I said. As I said that I heard something fall over near the door and as I turned round I saw him. Standing there with a tear running down his cheek.

He just heard me say that. That I didn't want to see him and I was avoiding him. That I hated him. "K-Karen, I have to go" "ok sweetie. Love you" she said which made me smile. "Love you too"

"Wh-what are y-you doing in here" I asked. He didn't answer. "Did you mean what you just said" he asked. I nodded.

Nathan POV

I heard her say that she hated me. That she didn't want to see me. That hurt. It wasn't my choice not to talk to her. I could be putting her in danger by talking to her now.

"Wh-what are y-you doing in here" she asked. I didn't answer. "Did you mean what you just said" i asked. She nodded. More tears ran down my cheeks. "Don't cry, please you know I don't like seeing you cry" she said stepping forward. She wiped my tears. "I missed you so much" i said.
"Well why didn't she call" she asked. What am I supposed to say. I can't tell her the truth can I?

_________________________