Chapter 125- He's invited

"Bye! I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" Dylan called me through the car window.

"Okay!" I smiled.

"Don't be late! I know you that you take a decade to fix up during the morning but maybe you can lessen the time... for me?" he joked and fluttered his eyelashes.

"Yeah! I'll try, maybe." I chuckled.

He chuckled. "Okay, see you tomorrow!"

"Bye!" I waved as he drove away.

I specifically told Dylan to just drop me off outside the gate of Adam's house. Because it was too late to have any night beatings around here.

I opened the gate and walked inside to Adam's house.

When I opened the door, Adam was nowhere to be seen.

"Mandy! Is that you? I'm here in the shower upstairs, okay?" I heard Adam's voice from upstairs.

I was too tired to answer back so I just headed upstairs and into the bedroom. Then I saw...

The bed.

Oh sweet sweet bed! Why do I even leave you everyday? When you're always here for me...

"Come to mama...." I smiled wistfully and ran to the bed.

"Whoo!" I jumped on the bed and gave a big, heaving, sigh of relief.

The entire day, I've been at the studio, working with this new guy called Marco Lax. He's such a great, considerate and wise music producer. I had fun. But I'm really worked out. I only made one song in one day, and is still in process, but I feel like I just worked out in the gym the entire day. My shoulders are in pain, my eyes are like, blurry now and my brain is just... ready to give up. Like, I can't even think of anything anymore.

"Had fun?" Adam walked into the bedroom and closed the door.

"Yeesss...." I buried my face on the pillow, making my voice sound muffled.

"I heard that Marco is a really great guy. Because he's pretty old, he's... pretty wise." he jumped on the bed next to me.

"Mhmm..." I didn't move.

"But I'm guessing you're worked out?" he chuckled and I felt him stroke my shoulders.

"Yesss..." I still didn't move. I never wanna move in my entire life again -_-

He chuckled.

"Sleep away, princess." I felt him stroke my head.

"Oh by the way, there's gonna be a party on Wednesday night. It's a little get together with some peeps." I felt Adam stand up and leave the bed.

I was too tired to speak so I just gestured a thumbs up, hoping that he saw that.

"We've only got one day to shop." I heard him chuckle.

I didn't even move. I just gestured another thumbs up, burying my face further into the pillow.

"Many people are invited. Hayley Williams, Brian May, other peeps. I don't even know what the theme of the party is." I heard his voice across the room. "By the way, my manager invited your manager..."

Wait... What?

"Excuse me what?!" I shot up and sat straight on the bed.

Adam was shocked by my sudden movement, his eyes wide.

"I just said that your manager is invited. Whaaat's wrong?" he was frozen, his eyebrows furrowed like like "The hell's wrong with you, Mandy?"

"You know, no matter how much you dislike whoever that guy is, he's still your manager. And he has to be with you, like, most of the time. Especially at that party, where there are a lot of threats." he explained

"And besides, I wanna see who that guy is. So I can see how bad he is." he grinned and folded his arms on his chest.

"Right..." I gulped and just pretended to smile.