Chapter 35- A big sacrifice

Adam's POV

"I told you. I understand, okay? Just go and do your...stuff or whatever." Mandy was yelling into the phone.

It was followed by a click of the phone. I checked my phone and saw that she hung up.

Crap.

Crap.

I knew she'd get mad eventually. Anyone would get mad with me right now.

Look at me, I'm Adam Lambert. The guy who took so much risks and performed so many controversial shows. The guy who wasn't afraid to think out of the box and didn't care of what people said. And yet... The guy who was too much of a wuss to make a sacrifice to see the person he cared for most, just because he was too selfish to sacrifice his career just a little bit.

Mandy has all the right to be angry at me.

But I won't let that ruin our relationship.

No, no more.

I looked at the ceiling of the hotel where I was about to talk to people whom I can collaborate with. To be honest, it was a really important night. I really needed to meet them. It can change my entire career.

No, pull yourself together, Adam.

Don't be selfish.

I stormed out of the lobby and entered the dining hall where they were waiting.

"Excuse me, but I have somewhere to go." I smiled apologetically, once I was at the table. They all looked at me in disbelief, especially my manager.

"What? Right now?" the lady whom I was supposed to impress furrowed her eyebrows. I didn't even take the time to listen to my manager on who she was. All I knew was, she's a really respected person and I needed to impress her for some reason.

"Yes mam. I'm sorry." I apologized and turned around to leave.

"Stop! If you leave now, this opportunity will leave as well, in just a flash." she threatened me, which made me stop.

I gritted my teeth and turned around, walking towards them.

She gave me a satisfied grin. "That's right."

I closed my fists tightly, in anger. I don't know why. But her threat fueled my anger so much.

"Look, mam. For once, I have a relationship that I felt wasn't fake. It's real. It's love. And it's about to be ruined because I've been working my ass off in this so-called "vacation", just to impress selfish people like you who cares about nothing but earning money from artists like me." I kept my voice low, even though I was so angry.

"I'm pretty sure you don't understand what I mean, mam. Because like I said, you people don't care about anything but money. I don't need you to understand, anyway. Go. Take your opportunity with you. Because I am willing to give up everything... Even my career. Just for this person." I gritted my teeth and closed my fists tighter, my nails digging into my palm.

"Now if you may, mam..." I gave an ironic smile. "I must excuse myself."

All the people on the table had shocked faces, all were speechless.

I turned around and stormed off.

Well...

I don't think I would have a career to go back to after that performance.

It's worth it.

Author's note: Wooh! Adam's angry. Okay, I just want to say that I don't think that all people are like that in the music business. I don't go no problem with with 'em either. Hehe. I just wanted to set some tension in the story. lol.

P.S. Thank you guys so much for your reads, votes and comments. They really make my day :)

Love ya Glamberts. ♥