Chapter 50- Comfort me

"Hey, whatever it is. It'll be fine." Adam held my hand and smiled.

Thanks for being here, Adam.

"Thanks." I reflected his smile. Then I sighed, remembering Peter again.

"And... if you need to be alone right now, I understand." he spoke gently.

"No." I sighed and looked up at him with a smile. "I need you here."

He smiled widely. I know that that was the answer he was hoping for.

"Can you umm..." I started. Okay, this is a pretty odd question but... "sleep with me?" I asked, hoping he wouldn't misunderstand my statement.

At first, he looked shock so I blushed. Like what the heck did I say?

"No. It's not that I want to sleep sleep with you. I just..." I sighed. "need someone beside me tonight."

He lit up and smiled widely. "I'd be happy to sleep with you." he chuckled. "If you need anything, anything at all. I will be here, Mandy." he looked into my eyes, saying it so passionately and sincerely that I couldn't help but let my heart skip a beat.

"Thanks." I smiled and laid on the bed.

Adam lied down as well, wrapping me with both his arms.

Man, it was like all the sadness and pain that I felt from Peter's death was just lifted away because of Adam's comfort. I mean, I'm still super sad and I still feel like bursting into tears... But Adam just took a piece of that sadness and made me feel better.

"I love you..." he whispered and rubbed my hair with his thumb. "It'll be fine."

I love you too.....

So much more than you can ever imagine, Adam...